Do I need UV killer on new clothes?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Do I need UV killer on new clothes?

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:09 am

Anyone?

muddy

Re: Do I need UV killer on new clothes?

Unread postby muddy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:14 am

I have been killing deer just fine for the past 30 years without UV killer or scent killer. Does it hurt? Nope. Does it help? I dont think so.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 am

I have several items that have never been washed. I have not personally noticed deer picking me off, I know other folks are pretty convinced it makes a difference though.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 am

muddy wrote:I have been killing deer just fine for the past 30 years without UV killer or scent killer. Does it hurt? Nope. Does it help? I dont think so.

This. It’s deer hunting. If people put all the effort they put into stuff like this into scouting, big bucks wouldn’t stand a chance.

Go out, scout, and kill. If you scout properly, a buck shouldn’t wind you or see you until you passed up a shot or his lungs are deflated.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:41 am

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:48 am

Techniqually all a blacklight shows is flouresence! But some UV shades flourece more than others. True UV can only be seen with special lens filters. So a blacklight is the only way to check things inexpensively. It's like scent control. Do it if it gives you more confidence. If you don't treat for UV. Pay attention to see if your getting picked off more while wearing it.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:46 am

In todays everything made in china crazy companies are using blue threads instead of orange.

I check mine with a blacklight if they glow blue i do spray Atsko Uv killer sure isn't going to hurt.

Everything sees blue and why a hunting company uses blue threads shows they clearly do not hunt or have knowledge of wildlife.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Jeremy_D

Unread postby Jeremy_D » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 am

I bought a leaf suit from Amazon. One of the reviews had a picture with his black light saying great suit but UV hot bla bla bla. 1st night out in it only running through the washer with no soap and sitting on the ground I had a doe walk within about 8 yards of me. I dont buy the UV gimmick.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:09 am

It is unreal isn't it that some camo companies will put UV brighteners in camo to make it look good to consumers of clothing, or their friends in China who love us do this. If it glows kill it, if it doesn't you should be good unless your own detergent brightens it up. My 2 cents
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:50 pm

If someone can post a video I took today I'm within scratching distance of a buck who is clueless while I'm not 6 ft off the ground. I'm wearing my work clothes that were worn for 13 hours of work. Consists of blue longsleeve shirt and blue pants washed in regular household detergent. There's things that are important and.... Well to put it kindly there's just a whole lot of other things! If u r a newcomer I suggest focusing on the things that are important. Like how to put a deer infront of u. Just my 2 cents
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”