How to Hunt a Big Buck sighting??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

OUBrew

How to Hunt a Big Buck sighting??

Unread postby OUBrew » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:43 am

Have been hunting two big bucks. The bigger buck is rarely caught on camera. The other is on camera all over the woods at night.

I had identified two "overlooked" areas classic to Dan's description of where the bucks could be bedding. I hung cameras in one spot which is just off a busy state highway. The other I hunted...swamp next to a brushy tree line. Ag all around. Hunted the swamp never saw a deer. Never had either buck on two cameras I hung in the other location so I hadn't hunted it.

Last night I did a hang and hunt. WNW wind. I was on middle south. 5pm to my NW I saw the camera friendly buck working a scrape. He meandered away from me to the NW working four other scrapes and making a few rubs. Watched him until 5:45p. I think he headed west into the corn field.

Two doe busted me on my exit. Quick blow.

I caught him on camera in the big woods headed north at 5:38am. I'm assuming back to bedding.

Same wind forecast for tonight. Snow coming tomorrow morning. Cold front forecast for next Tuesday.

Would you go after him again tonight or let it rest?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”