Field quartering

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucksunlimitedpa

Field quartering

Unread postby Bucksunlimitedpa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:55 am

Does anyone know the laws in Ohio. Is it legal to pack and quarter a deer out of the woods in Ohio I’ve been looking online and can’t find anything.

Lockdown

Re: Field quartering

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:00 am

I would call the warden and ask. In MN and WI you have to pack everything out but the guts. :roll:
RidgeGhost
500 Club

Unread postby RidgeGhost » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:03 am

My understanding is, once you've called and checked it in and have your tag #, it is your deer. At that point I think you can pack it out.

But call to find out to be sure
Ohio84

Unread postby Ohio84 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:14 pm

I hunt Ohio also and had a friend ask a warden about this. Alot of the places I hunt I don't get cell service so getting the official confirmation number is impossible. My plan would be to use OnX to mark the gut pile and lay down a track back to my truck bringing evidence of sex with me. When I get to service call the deer in. The warden my friend spoke to said it sounded ok as long as I got it tagged in asap. I think this opinion may vary warden to warden though. Not sure if I'm gonna try it or need to try it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”