How would you hunt this?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BorealBushMN

How would you hunt this?

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am

So this is an area that is on the fringe of the city hunt I'm in. Red is out of bounds/private, yellow is a patch of thick high ground next to a lowland area that is tamarack re-gen. From a distance it appears the area I want to set up on is higher ground with some large spruce and balsams. I have been eyeing this area for a while and am planning on scout-hunting it this weekend. I'll be going in stand-less, and blind, looking for a ground set up if the sign is there. Mainly doing it out of curiosity, but I appreciate any tips you have!

The winds are forecasted to be breezy out of the SSW Fri-Sat, then a cold front coming in overnight on Sat and winds switching to a breezy WNW on Sunday. I'm after a doe or a big boy. If you were going to hunt this area, what wind would be better?

Any additional thoughts on any part of the map appreciated. I've been through the rest of the high ground areas just off the road earlier this season, and there's plenty of sign of deer and
some promising spots, but others have set up ladder stands on the fringes and local bird hunters pound that area as well. But knowing the habits of hunters, I highly doubt anyone has pushed back into that little island back there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BorealBushMN

Re: How would you hunt this?

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:32 am

anyoned-anyone-isc-bueller-bueller-36072257.png

Tough crowd! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”