Buyer be aware: spypoint

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

buttonbuck
500 Club

Buyer be aware: spypoint

Unread postby buttonbuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:06 am

Cameras were working fine. Then one day they started deducting 50 photos a transmission. 2 transmissions a day. Everyday till I ran out. When I contacted their foreign outsourced customer service they told me if I could prove I bought the camera then I could return it and they wont do anything else even though the “glitch” is on there side. Now not returning my emails.

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Re: Buyer be aware: spypoint

Unread postby mheichelbech » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 am

I don’t think this is the first time someone has said the same thing about those trail cams.

Sorry to hear about that. I would recommend checking with a member named Phade on here. He sells and services cams....especially for a cellular camera.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:02 am

I try new ones every year and all I can say is that Browning cameras (Dark Ops, Strike Force and Special ops) have been the most consistent and reliable cameras I have tried. I have a box of other brands (to include the brand you mentioned) that does nothing but take up space in the closet.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:47 am

Spypoint has sold alot of the micros. More than they can reasonbly service IMO. Learning curve.

That said, slamming them for foreign outsourced service is kind of moot - they are a French-Canadian owned company. Not American.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:28 am

DaveT1963 wrote:I try new ones every year and all I can say is that Browning cameras (Dark Ops, Strike Force and Special ops) have been the most consistent and reliable cameras I have tried. I have a box of other brands (to include the brand you mentioned) that does nothing but take up space in the closet.

Agreed. I love my browning cameras, 2 of them are 5 years old and still working like new. I keep hoping they'll come out with a cell camera. If they do I will pick one up.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:50 am

austin1990 wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:I try new ones every year and all I can say is that Browning cameras (Dark Ops, Strike Force and Special ops) have been the most consistent and reliable cameras I have tried. I have a box of other brands (to include the brand you mentioned) that does nothing but take up space in the closet.

Agreed. I love my browning cameras, 2 of them are 5 years old and still working like new. I keep hoping they'll come out with a cell camera. If they do I will pick one up.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1020883287
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:56 am

Dewey wrote:
austin1990 wrote:

Coming soon :) I knew they were working on one just have not released it yet.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:01 am

austin1990 wrote:

I told this story over on Saddle hunter - I set out a 2015 DO camera in Jun of 2018, forgot to log it in my log book so i "lost it" I found it scouting this September (over a year in the woods with alkaline)….. anyway it had 600 or so pics on it and still had 37% battery life. The swamp was flooded for 6 months so didn't get any pics during that time. i replaced the batteries, popped in a new card and it remains in place today - Ill check it this Nov as I am going in there because two very nice 10 points were captured last Nov and then again this Summer. You cannot ask for better than that.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
austin1990 wrote:

I told this story over on Saddle hunter - I set out a 2015 DO camera in Jun of 2018, forgot to log it in my log book so i "lost it" I found it scouting this September (over a year in the woods with alkaline)….. anyway it had 600 or so pics on it and still had 37% battery life. The swamp was flooded for 6 months so didn't get any pics during that time. i replaced the batteries, popped in a new card and it remains in place today - Ill check it this Nov as I am going in there because two very nice 10 points were captured last Nov and then again this Summer. You cannot ask for better than that.

The deer or the camera ;)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:
austin1990 wrote:

The deer or the camera ;)

both ;)
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:35 am

Dewey wrote:
austin1990 wrote:

Thanks! I looked about 3 months or so ago, when I bought the spypoint I have and they didn't have one then. I'll be adding one of them when it comes out!
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 am

DaveT1963 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
austin1990 wrote:

Coming soon :) I knew they were working on one just have not released it yet.

I had hoped they would, last I checked about 3 months ago all they had was a bluetooth model. I'll definitely check this one out
AndreSaavedra

Unread postby AndreSaavedra » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:50 pm

buttonbuck wrote:Cameras were working fine. Then one day they started deducting 50 photos a transmission. 2 transmissions a day. Everyday till I ran out. When I contacted their foreign outsourced customer service they told me if I could prove I bought the camera then I could return it and they wont do anything else even though the “glitch” is on there side. Now not returning my emails.

Victure cam on Amazon, about $40 With fully automatic IR filter and 24 Pcs 940NM Infrared low-glow black LEDs,
an extra $5 for a 2 year warranty, they just replace it no questions asked.
Just think how many more you can buy at that price

Hate to quote this commie murderer
"Quantity has a quality all it's own" - Joseph Stalin
Randyflash

Unread postby Randyflash » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 am

AndreSaavedra wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:Cameras were working fine. Then one day they started deducting 50 photos a transmission. 2 transmissions a day. Everyday till I ran out. When I contacted their foreign outsourced customer service they told me if I could prove I bought the camera then I could return it and they wont do anything else even though the “glitch” is on there side. Now not returning my emails.

Victure cam on Amazon, about $40 With fully automatic IR filter and 24 Pcs 940NM Infrared low-glow black LEDs,
an extra $5 for a 2 year warranty, they just replace it no questions asked.
Just think how many more you can buy at that price

Hate to quote this commie murderer
"Quantity has a quality all it's own" - Joseph Stalin

Believe spypoint has a 2 year warranty doesn’t it? And if you have the link micro you have to provide proof of purchase to activate with a serial number or something (at least I thought that’s what I was doing)... :think:
wdog

Unread postby wdog » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 am

What’s your favorite out of those 3?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”