Hunter Envy

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crazinamatese

Re: Hunter Envy

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:46 pm

I think it takes big balls to accuse someone of poaching or trespassing without compelling evidence to back it up but people will do it when someone else kills “their” buck.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm

I lie like a rug. I caught a couple dinks or I shot him on private, even on here I usually lie about the state Im hunting in. AND I dont even kill the big ones....
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:12 am

JRM KY wrote:
Dewey wrote:Most of it’s not even envy it’s just pure laziness. So many want a big buck but don’t want to put in the work involved with it. They would rather just leech off others efforts.

I’ve always thought this to be the case as well. There are big bucks here but they are scarce. So when I do kill here in small town USA I find it funny to drive by and see trucks parked hunting a gut pile. I don’t bait or hunt where others are willing to go much so I just take it as a positive because more than likely they are just hunting the easy spots and stacking them where I would be. (It’s hard for them to find you if you don’t bait or leave stands)

“Hunting a gut pile...”

I love this line. It cracks me up when guys try to home in on a spot where a big buck was killed. For some reason they don’t understand that the deer is already dead...
Killed a really big buck for NY in ‘06. Made the mistake of telling a guy exactly where I killed it not realizing he had gained hunting permission as well. First time in the next year there was a ladder stand 20 yards from where I had killed my buck. Also another ladder stand (in a broken off dead tree to boot) overlooking the new food plot I spent all summer working on at the other end of the property.

Also killed a decent early season buck in CT and posted a topo map to help illustrate how I caught him coming back to bed on a NY hunting forum. Must have forgotten to scratch out a street name or something because the next thing I knew I had a pm from a guy saying he knew the specific farm and wanted to know if I thought the landowner would give him permission too.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:53 am

Dewey wrote:Most of it’s not even envy it’s just pure laziness. So many want a big buck but don’t want to put in the work involved with it. They would rather just leech off others efforts.

I agree with this 100%. Most of the people who do this kind of thing just don't feel the need to put the effort in, because it probably doesn't mean that much to them. Iv'e also observed that some of the people who do this see nothing wrong with it.

Iv'e gotten to the point, where I just don't tell anyone where I'm hunting. In fact, I'm taking a guy on his first out of state trip this year. I haven't even told him the particular piece of public where we are hunting, because I know he will tell others.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”