Hill country setup

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Nmibuckguy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/matt.witkop.7

Hill country setup

Unread postby Nmibuckguy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:41 am

Hello guys, this is my first post so bear with me I’m still figuring this out... I am looking for some input in regards to the best way to hunt a bed setup in MI hill country. The bucks are bedding in a briar patch in a valley of a rolling hardwoods that sets up as a thermal hub. There are several draws and different exits they use but primarily will go to the North, Northeast or south east when leaving in the evenings. I have pics of them right at dark to an hr after in a scattered wild fruit tree flat/ semi open field area about 2-300yds north and maybe 100-120’ elevation rise. There are numerous scrapes up top above the north draw which I believe to be the primary evening exit. There is also a rub line and scrapes to the north east on a bench area that gets traveled heavily. My question is how would I set up for an evening hunt on the north draw, wait for a W-SW wind and stay on the north and east side of the draw to combat the falling thermals?? Or would it be better to get in tight early in the am and try to catch one coming in late to bed? And would I struggle with a rising thermal? We have a big cold front coming this afternoon 20 degree or so temp drop from today to tomorrow morning will be in the mid thirties. I think this afternoon or tomorrow morning will be the best chance I’ll have for a bit. Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
0E6EFF0B-6417-4236-8518-D59E20D73296.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”