Any good deals on game camera's?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

xpauliber
500 Club

Re: Any good deals on game camera's?

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:55 am

backstraps wrote:
xpauliber wrote:
backstraps wrote:I have had excellent luck with the Moultrie m40i
Super easy to setup and use. Awesome detection range, very fast trigger speed, battery life on lithiums go beyond a year with thousands of pictures.
My biggest pros are they dont miss pics or make noise!

I have bought higher and lower numbered models and nothing compares to the 40i IMHO

This is what I've been trying to find. I loaded up on the $28 Tascos from Walmart last year and they've worked great BUT they take 8 "AA" batteries and even using lithiums, I'll get 4-6 weeks out of them depending on how many pics they take. That has proven to be rather expensive when you're running 10 cams. It's to the point that I'm probably better off buying a more expensive cam up front if the battery life will save me money in the long run.

Does the Moultrie m40i have a battery life indicator?That's another pet peeve for the Tasco's. There's no indicator so you have no clue how much battery life is left and I just pulled a cam I had out for 3 weeks only to find that the batteries died 3 days in. I can't stand that.

Paul they do have battery indicator, but with lithiums, the battery life constantly shows 99% until they are almost drained. I think they drop to 60% on the indicator then after they they die really fast. That being said, I run 8 lithiums and run them from July to Feb and toss the batteries in late Feb

The W-40i and M-40i are both equal in performance...different mp...but same quality. eBay the cams can be found new from time to time 50-75.00

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

raisins

Unread postby raisins » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:54 am

I bought 10 of the Tasco 8 mp from wally world for less than $30 a pop this year for hanging on public land up high. Only one has gotten "weird" but still works and several survived bear attacks. One got a tooth to the sensor and still functions fine. The are low glow (not no glow) but up high on pic mode hasn't noticeably bothered them. The only thing I don't like about them is there is no low battery indicator.
ridge_runner91

Unread postby ridge_runner91 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:48 pm

I have 5 tascos as well..... overall I have been satisfied. I only have 2 complaints. The clip that keeps the battery tray in has broke on one of the cameras. You can work around that issue with a little problem solving but it's a pain in the but. The other problem is setting it on field edge over a scrape it snaps a picture of a sun warmed limb every time the dang wind blows. One particularly windy day I got nearly 1000 pics..... absolutely murdered the very expensive lithium batteries..... definitely a kick in the nuts.
Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:31 am

I will second the m40i cameras. I have 8 of them and they work well with good battery life. I have had 1 go out and it was covered under warranty. Sent it in and they sent a brand new camera
HamAdams

Unread postby HamAdams » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:11 am

Not seeing much talk about wildgame cams, any opinion on those? I have 2 of them I got on sale at Walmart and haven’t had any issues yet.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Lots of good recommendations here. I will have to look into some of them.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”