Hunt Wed or Thurs on weather graph below?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

raisins

Hunt Wed or Thurs on weather graph below?

Unread postby raisins » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 am

The wind is the same both days, roughly. Wednesday is the start of the temperature dip, but it goes even lower Thursday (particularly in the morning).

Do you guys think the initial dip is the most important or the lower temperatures a day later? Which day would you pick for a 1 pm to dark sit? I'll be hunting paths coming out of bedding. Of course, this is a week out so things will likely change. The Thursday showers being the morning would suggest the afternoon being good, especially if I set up during the rain.

I'll try to add my picture, but it's my first time so might take trial and error.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by raisins on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

IndyDawg

Re: Hunt Wed or Thurs on weather graph below?

Unread postby IndyDawg » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:47 am

Wednesday evening and Thursday morning should both be good with the rising pressure. What time is the rain scheduled to fall off on Wednesday?
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 am

IndyDawg wrote:Wednesday evening and Thursday morning should both be good with the rising pressure. What time is the rain scheduled to fall off on Wednesday?

Wednesday calls for 0.01 to 0.02 inches during every hour from sunrise to sunset to stop at midnight (start of Thursday). Thursday call for showers from midnight to 9 am but it is slight enough that the accumulation shows 0 inches each hour (so I guess just spitting enough to call it rain?). Thursday 9 am on is just cloudy. This is all from Weatherunderground in case that matters as far as how to interpret.

I don't have many places to hunt before sunrise without blowing out the stand. My plan is maybe to sneak in around 10 am and then sit and wait for mid-day movement or until they leave bedding to feed.
whi52873

Unread postby whi52873 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:03 am

I would say Thursday. Lower temps and higher pressure. Friday would be ideal of course but you didn't ask about that haha.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:09 am

Both
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 am

whi52873 wrote:I would say Thursday. Lower temps and higher pressure. Friday would be ideal of course but you didn't ask about that haha.

If only one day, this is my vote as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”