Tho Public Land Challenge episode 3

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckshot20
500 Club

Tho Public Land Challenge episode 3

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:35 am

All I’m saying is in my home state you don’t walk through a big fern bed like that without a few ground rattlers and water moccasins....

Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Re: Tho Public Land Challenge episode 3

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 am

It looks like you're from Florida. I would hate having to deal with all of the snakes and insects that you have to deal with. In WV, we have rattlers and copperheads, but you don't really see them that often where I live.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:42 am

I used to be a fly fishing guide and would always laugh at the guys from the south when we would walk through tall grass. They were a nervous wreck :lol: Not sure I could do the things I do in the south, I'd be snakebite every other day.
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:58 am

Trout wrote:I used to be a fly fishing guide and would always laugh at the guys from the south when we would walk through tall grass. They were a nervous wreck :lol: Not sure I could do the things I do in the south, I'd be snakebite every other day.

Between the snakes, chiggers, and ticks you have to watch out for any grass here in the south! Good snake boots and investment in permethrin is the best thing you can do.
mikejp1987

Unread postby mikejp1987 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:08 am

Buckshot20 wrote:All I’m saying is in my home state you don’t walk through a big fern bed like that without a few ground rattlers and water moccasins....

Im in south fla so I hear you. Gotta keep your eyes open in water between the snakes and gators.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”