Located my target buck and I need help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Located my target buck and I need help

Unread postby Seeker529 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 am

Last night while hunting a stand I saw the my target buck come out of a small stand 300 yards away at 5:30pm.. he was with a smaller buck and he worked a scrape... I have no clue how to hunt him... the spot I believe he’s in is very small and the spot where the scrape is is a mowed old apple orchard so no ground cover and the apple trees are so big I doubt I can hang a stand! Would you try to sit behind the base of apple tree on the ground? Should I wait for a morning and sneak in at 4 am and get setup? I added a pic but not sure how to hunt this or access it without blowing the buck out!

xpauliber
500 Club

Re: Located my target buck and I need help

Unread postby xpauliber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:19 am

Is there a chance after working the scrape that he heads down that fencerow and you can setup on the tip of the woods at the far SW portion of the picture? You may want to consider doing an observation hunt there and then moving on the intel you get from that hunt.
Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

Re: Located my target buck and I need help

Unread postby Seeker529 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 am

I never thought about doing another observation sit again and just watch over that that might be a good way to go

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”