THP podcast michigan episode 80 with Dan and Eberhart along with Tethrd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Pse

Re: THP podcast michigan episode 80 with dan and ebilhert and tetherard

Unread postby Pse » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 am

funderburk wrote:I thought it was great. My favorite part was when Dan explained that he and John are mostly talking about the same things, but just using different terminology. I thought that was awesome and it was cool to hear them play off of each other, like, “Just like Dan was saying...” or “Like John said...”

Lots of maturity, wisdom, and class. They set a good example of how hunters who have different opinions can still respectfully converse and remain cordial. I appreciated that a ton.

That's what I thought, take the whole scent thing out of it and they have loads in common. Two great self taught hunters

DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:55 am

Awesome to see Dan and John sit down together, as they both have so much to share. And THP always so humble and yet consistently get it done. Tether'd revolutionalizing saddle hunting.... this very well may be my favorite podcast to date. Lots of sound wisdom shared. Well done guys.
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 am

Pse wrote:
funderburk wrote:I thought it was great. My favorite part was when Dan explained that he and John are mostly talking about the same things, but just using different terminology. I thought that was awesome and it was cool to hear them play off of each other, like, “Just like Dan was saying...” or “Like John said...”

Lots of maturity, wisdom, and class. They set a good example of how hunters who have different opinions can still respectfully converse and remain cordial. I appreciated that a ton.

That's what I thought, take the whole scent thing out of it and they have loads in common. Two great self taught hunters

Both were self taught! That’s a great point.
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
Walltuckian

Unread postby Walltuckian » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:12 am

DoeMaster wrote:I think the “bad blood” was created by the scent control podcast. It didn’t seem fair to create arguments against each of them when they couldn’t respond to what the other guy said. Without interaction, it’s not a debate. It creates division that isn’t productive, especially among a polarized hunting community.

I thought the podcast was great. Being from Michigan, I am so thankful that THP, Tethrd, and Dan and Joe participated in the challenge. It’s encouraging to me when the people I look up to are willing to come to the state that celebrity hunters aren’t willing to look at.

I thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts and THP episodes, and have been refreshing for new ones every 5 minutes. Lol

All great points! This is exactly what I was thinking as well.
Archivist13
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.miller.5245

Re: THP podcast michigan episode 80 with Dan and Eberhart along with Tethrd

Unread postby Archivist13 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am

Just imagine if these guys all decided to do a regular podcast together. The rest of the industry would be shaking in their boots. The wealth of knowledge and boots on the ground experience would be unbeatable.
fletchdeep

Unread postby fletchdeep » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:45 am

Lockdown wrote:Just got done listening. That was a great podcast, especially for guys that are just starting out or feeling like they need to re-vamp their style or strategies.

This podcast really drives home the importance of finding those bedding areas where the big bucks live, and hunting them when the sign says to do so.

John gets some of my respect back after listening to this. He seemed to soften things up a bit and not speak in absolutes like he sometimes does.

I enjoyed it enough to give it a second listen. Great job to all who were involved!

I would have to agree.

I liked at the end when they all summed up there thoughts on Michigan and everyone talked about the high numbers of deer & basically said it's really not any different than other pressured states. Then when it got to John it sounded like he had to change up his usual sound bite about Michigan being the hardest and most pressured state in the country.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 am

oldrank wrote:
Country wrote:I felt like Dan was talking about me when he said there's a lot of guys giving advice without a resume to back it up. :oops: ;) :lol:

No, that was about me....lol

:oops:
Probably me I've only taken a few decent bucks I fail alot.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
oldrank wrote:
Country wrote:I felt like Dan was talking about me when he said there's a lot of guys giving advice without a resume to back it up. :oops: ;) :lol:

I highly doubt he referring to anybody here on the Beast. Likely he’s talking about guys that are so called “experts” doing podcasts and such about big buck hunting yet they never killed a P&Y minimum buck. Seems that’s getting real common these days.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:13 am

Lotta YouTube "experts" on every subject on the net these days. Not just hunting. Agree with Dewey, that's mainly what Dan was referring to.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am

Dewey wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
oldrank wrote:

I highly doubt he referring to anybody here on the Beast. Likely he’s talking about guys that are so called “experts” doing podcasts and such about big buck hunting yet they never killed a P&Y minimum buck. Seems that’s getting real common these days.

For sure ...I was just messin. Haha.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 am

Probably the FB crowd..... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm

That was one of my favorite podcasts...well done fellas.
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:40 am

backstraps wrote:Probably the FB crowd..... :lol:

This is great! :lol:
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:10 am

Excellent podcast from some of the best! Nothing but respect for all of them!
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:19 am

The best, and most true part of the podcast, was when they were talking about how you've got to hunt mature bucks differently than the general deer herd. Like Aaron said, it is definitely tough to do that, because seeing lots of deer is fun, but you just can't consistently get one nice bucks, if you're simply hunting deer. I certainly learned that the hard way, but this forum has helped me tremendously with that.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”