THP podcast michigan episode 80 with Dan and Eberhart along with Tethrd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UofLbowhunter
500 Club

THP podcast michigan episode 80 with Dan and Eberhart along with Tethrd

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am

So what does everybody think of this podcast ?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0452322973

I had a chance to listen to it last night and really enjoyed it!
A great classy podcast with alot of great minds packed in a little camper!

Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
funderburk
500 Club

Re: THP podcast michigan episode 80 with dan and ebilhert and tetherard

Unread postby funderburk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:23 am

I thought it was great. My favorite part was when Dan explained that he and John are mostly talking about the same things, but just using different terminology. I thought that was awesome and it was cool to hear them play off of each other, like, “Just like Dan was saying...” or “Like John said...”

Lots of maturity, wisdom, and class. They set a good example of how hunters who have different opinions can still respectfully converse and remain cordial. I appreciated that a ton.
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:35 am

I'm going to give it a listen when I get home from hunting
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 am

Haven’t listened yey but very happy to hear these guys are getting along. :clap:
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

Thought it was great and honestly think the way the 2 go about things is more similar than most think actually. I didnt know a ton about jon ebehart or how he went about things but at least from this i think it's more similar than different than the beast way. Was definitely worth a listen
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:27 am

It was a good listen. As dan says in the podcast, they have different terminology but are often saying the same things. I know the two are on completely opposite spectrums on scent control, but John explaining his rut hunts and reasoning for using scent control makes sense. How well it works is to be debated, but ya cant fault a guy for doing something that's boosts his confidence when hes hunting an area all day where he could have deer coming from every direction. Hopefully they have another podcast or two to release before all is said and done with this PLC.
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 am

funderburk wrote:I thought it was great. My favorite part was when Dan explained that he and John are mostly talking about the same things, but just using different terminology. I thought that was awesome and it was cool to hear them play off of each other, like, “Just like Dan was saying...” or “Like John said...”

Lots of maturity, wisdom, and class. They set a good example of how hunters who have different opinions can still respectfully converse and remain cordial. I appreciated that a ton.

Absolutely, that statement was basically putting the nail in the coffin to bury all the bad blood. Funny thing is I don’t think there was any bad blood on dan’s part. I honestly think he couldn’t care less about how other people hunt. I don’t think there was any real bad blood on johns either, I think he just got caught up in all the trash talking that was going on on the different platforms and forums and that affected his attitude towards dan. I’m really glad they did this. Two hunting legends with a lot to learn from.
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:17 am

I felt like Dan was talking about me when he said there's a lot of guys giving advice without a resume to back it up. :oops: ;) :lol:
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 am

Perfectionitz wrote:
funderburk wrote:I thought it was great. My favorite part was when Dan explained that he and John are mostly talking about the same things, but just using different terminology. I thought that was awesome and it was cool to hear them play off of each other, like, “Just like Dan was saying...” or “Like John said...”

Absolutely, that statement was basically putting the nail in the coffin to bury all the bad blood. Funny thing is I don’t think there was any bad blood on dan’s part. I honestly think he couldn’t care less about how other people hunt. I don’t think there was any real bad blood on johns either, I think he just got caught up in all the trash talking that was going on on the different platforms and forums and that affected his attitude towards dan. I’m really glad they did this. Two hunting legends with a lot to learn from.

I think all the "bad blood" was created by folks picking sides.

We can learn a lot from both.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:21 am

Country wrote:I felt like Dan was talking about me when he said there's a lot of guys giving advice without a resume to back it up. :oops: ;) :lol:

No, that was about me....lol
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:27 am

oldrank wrote:
Country wrote:I felt like Dan was talking about me when he said there's a lot of guys giving advice without a resume to back it up. :oops: ;) :lol:

No, that was about me....lol

:lol: This could be the first time I heard a disagreement where two people were claiming they themselves were the worst hunter.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm

I thought it was a great podcast. A lot great information.
DoeMaster

Unread postby DoeMaster » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:29 pm

I think the “bad blood” was created by the scent control podcast. It didn’t seem fair to create arguments against each of them when they couldn’t respond to what the other guy said. Without interaction, it’s not a debate. It creates division that isn’t productive, especially among a polarized hunting community.

I thought the podcast was great. Being from Michigan, I am so thankful that THP, Tethrd, and Dan and Joe participated in the challenge. It’s encouraging to me when the people I look up to are willing to come to the state that celebrity hunters aren’t willing to look at.

I thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts and THP episodes, and have been refreshing for new ones every 5 minutes. Lol
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:08 am

Good listen. I hope someone get's them together again. And gets them more into the details of what they look for!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 am

Just got done listening. That was a great podcast, especially for guys that are just starting out or feeling like they need to re-vamp their style or strategies.

This podcast really drives home the importance of finding those bedding areas where the big bucks live, and hunting them when the sign says to do so.

John gets some of my respect back after listening to this. He seemed to soften things up a bit and not speak in absolutes like he sometimes does.

I enjoyed it enough to give it a second listen. Great job to all who were involved!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”