Quick change from treestand to ground seat.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bubbles

Quick change from treestand to ground seat.

Unread postby Bubbles » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:01 am

On my first hunt this year was a bit foiled by the fact that the nettles and grasses were so high in the river oxbow I was intending on hunting that they completely obscured my view from the only tree in the area. I should have brought my little stool and set up for a ground hunt in the nettles. So I was thinking, is there a way I could just get the lone wolf seat to stay up so it could work as a ground seat? This is what I came up with..
Havnt tried it out yet in a hunting situation, but it works decent. Anybody got any better ideas or mods?
What I like about this is all it takes is a 'biner and the strap that I already have on the lone wolf.

HunterBob
500 Club

Re: Quick change from treestand to ground seat.

Unread postby HunterBob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:34 am

Bubbles wrote:On my first hunt this year was a bit foiled by the fact that the nettles and grasses were so high in the river oxbow I was intending on hunting that they completely obscured my view from the only tree in the area. I should have brought my little stool and set up for a ground hunt in the nettles. So I was thinking, is there a way I could just get the lone wolf seat to stay up so it could work as a ground seat? This is what I came up with..
Havnt tried it out yet in a hunting situation, but it works decent. Anybody got any better ideas or mods?
What I like about this is all it takes is a 'biner and the strap that I already have on the lone wolf.

I ended up hunting exactly one foot off of the ground in my lw assault the other day. If you can find any tree, even a small one, and set it up on the trunk, it works great. I heard of a hunter who sometimes would strap small trees together and them climb up them with his climber when there was not a big enough tree to set up on. I've never done this, but wonder if you could try something similar if there are truly no trees big enough by themselves to set up low on.
Bubbles

Re: Quick change from treestand to ground seat.

Unread postby Bubbles » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:31 pm

There were no trees close enough for a shot, not even small brushy trees that I could strap together.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”