Bow hanger?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HunterBob
500 Club

Re: Bow hanger?

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:18 am

heartdart wrote:Image

Awesome!

IndyDawg

Unread postby IndyDawg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 am

I love my Third Hand Bow Holder, just a great product from a stand-up small business. Puts the bow right where you need it in reach, holds the bow securely while climbing, and can mount on a platform or seat of a lock on stand if a climber isn't your thing. I also love the climber stabilizer straps. I won't ever hunt a climber without both of these again.
20191005_075823.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 am

If anyone is interested I have a 3rd hand bow holder new in package for $15 plus shipping. Bought several in one deal and didn’t end up needing one.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Southern slayer

Unread postby Southern slayer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:39 pm

I just ordered the Third Hand Archery bow holder, stand stabilizer straps, and the accessory strap. I can’t wait to try them out ! Great company.
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 am

On my Lone Wolf stands, I like having the 3rd hand and the built in. I use both depending upon what I'm doing at the time or the way I'm sitting.

For my cheapie stands without any bowholder, I'm considering going to this for use on public land.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/hme-6- ... 0000214000
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 am

raisins wrote:On my Lone Wolf stands, I like having the 3rd hand and the built in. I use both depending upon what I'm doing at the time or the way I'm sitting. Some times I hunch over and put my elbows on knees just to change positions, and then the bow goes on the built in holder on the platform because my hand is right there near it.

For my cheapie stands without any bowholder, I'm considering going to this for use on public land.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/hme-6- ... 0000214000
g-inthewild

Unread postby g-inthewild » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:53 am

Huntress13 wrote:
g-inthewild wrote:I use a Muddy Treestand Utility Hanger. Strong plastic hooks on a strap that goes around the tree. Only use 3 hooks, one for bow, one for pack, one for water bag. Took the others off the strap. Super light, won't harm tree, rolls up and packs small.

Don't you have to move a lot to turn around and get the bow. I just can't picture it if it's on the trunk behind you when you are sitting in a stand. Unless saddle hunting when you are facing the tree already.

Right, on the tree behind if you are sitting, but still within reach on strong side. Most of the time in my lap or between my legs resting on stand.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”