Public Land Challenge: John Eberhart

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Public Land Challenge: John Eberhart

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Oh man, nobody can stand the "I love you man" guy :lol:

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm

:lol: 8-)

Looking forward to seeing that post !
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Lou... :angry-tappingfoot:

I love you man!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:08 pm

stash59 wrote:Lou... :angry-tappingfoot:

I love you man!!!

Stash, your the best. We had a good time at Deer Fest. Continued Jack, sorry to JE and the OP. Us mods should now better.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:37 pm

I have to ask. is it that those of us who hunt public think we work harder for our deer than those celebrities? I watched a youtube video about how hard Lee of lee and tiffany works to make his piece of land grow mature bucks and keep them on his property. He is reportedly putting in 80-100hr a week on his own private land. Lee talks about spending time with his son daily doing tractor work with his son in the cab for 6-8hrs a day. Granted i do realize not all "celebrities" do there own work or maybe they just over see it or have land managers in place but work is work. We work hard to know where the bedding is and have to out work our neighbor to get that said deer, but they work hard to create a habitat that will sustain a P&Y and B&C deer. Before you say it yes i know they can bait and feed their deer but not all of them hunt over piles of corn and yes they dont have to worry about outside pressure (other hunters) killing their target deer. But, unless we are just talking high fences here i honestly cant say all celebrities are created equal when is comes to hunting.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:32 am

jporcello wrote:I have to ask. is it that those of us who hunt public think we work harder for our deer than those celebrities? I watched a youtube video about how hard Lee of lee and tiffany works to make his piece of land grow mature bucks and keep them on his property. He is reportedly putting in 80-100hr a week on his own private land. Lee talks about spending time with his son daily doing tractor work with his son in the cab for 6-8hrs a day. Granted i do realize not all "celebrities" do there own work or maybe they just over see it or have land managers in place but work is work. We work hard to know where the bedding is and have to out work our neighbor to get that said deer, but they work hard to create a habitat that will sustain a P&Y and B&C deer. Before you say it yes i know they can bait and feed their deer but not all of them hunt over piles of corn and yes they dont have to worry about outside pressure (other hunters) killing their target deer. But, unless we are just talking high fences here i honestly cant say all celebrities are created equal when is comes to hunting.

I like Lee and Tiff... Great people with a driven passion. I doubt anyone thinks they don't work for there deer. That has little to do with the animosity you see aimed at them. People like to relate to the hunters they see on TV. With Lee and Tiffany followers dream of deer farming and one day having enough money, or making it big and can be like them. People that follow us, follow and watch cause we show they can be successful without spending a ton of money, and people can relate to us.... And thats the way I want it. For example.... I got offered 3 or 4 free outfitted hunts in the last month or so. Sounds fun, but it would get in the way of my "real" hunting and I don't want to miss a day of chasing bucks down on my own.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy hunting Daves 70 acre farm, or putting in a food plot or two there. Heck, I may even take one of those outfitters up on a "free" hunt one of these years. But, lets keep focus here.... Average hunters can't relate to that lifestyle, and can't afford to hunt/live like that... Thats for the dreamers, this is for the workers. People here believe if you scout hard enough, and work hard enough, you can still have great results without being rich, and while working a shift at the local factory. I would never knock the celebertie hunters, a lot of them are friends of mine... Just 2 different types of hunting.
adamwagner787

Unread postby adamwagner787 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:52 am

I just want to know what the "trick" eberhart "forgot" . He knew every detail to that story down to the shoes he was wearing but suddenly forgot what the trick was the guy told him
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:05 am

I thought it was funny when they shook hands n John said Dan has huge hand. I instantly thought " Those are shop hands". You can tell alot about a man's life by his hands. Tear down a machine 10000 times or spin a mill for 30 years n those hand get some bulk to them.
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:10 am

dan wrote:
jporcello wrote:I have to ask. is it that those of us who hunt public think we work harder for our deer than those celebrities? I watched a youtube video about how hard Lee of lee and tiffany works to make his piece of land grow mature bucks and keep them on his property. He is reportedly putting in 80-100hr a week on his own private land. Lee talks about spending time with his son daily doing tractor work with his son in the cab for 6-8hrs a day. Granted i do realize not all "celebrities" do there own work or maybe they just over see it or have land managers in place but work is work. We work hard to know where the bedding is and have to out work our neighbor to get that said deer, but they work hard to create a habitat that will sustain a P&Y and B&C deer. Before you say it yes i know they can bait and feed their deer but not all of them hunt over piles of corn and yes they dont have to worry about outside pressure (other hunters) killing their target deer. But, unless we are just talking high fences here i honestly cant say all celebrities are created equal when is comes to hunting.

I like Lee and Tiff... Great people with a driven passion. I doubt anyone thinks they don't work for there deer. That has little to do with the animosity you see aimed at them. People like to relate to the hunters they see on TV. With Lee and Tiffany followers dream of deer farming and one day having enough money, or making it big and can be like them. People that follow us, follow and watch cause we show they can be successful without spending a ton of money, and people can relate to us.... And thats the way I want it. For example.... I got offered 3 or 4 free outfitted hunts in the last month or so. Sounds fun, but it would get in the way of my "real" hunting and I don't want to miss a day of chasing bucks down on my own.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy hunting Daves 70 acre farm, or putting in a food plot or two there. Heck, I may even take one of those outfitters up on a "free" hunt one of these years. But, lets keep focus here.... Average hunters can't relate to that lifestyle, and can't afford to hunt/live like that... Thats for the dreamers, this is for the workers. People here believe if you scout hard enough, and work hard enough, you can still have great results without being rich, and while working a shift at the local factory. I would never knock the celebertie hunters, a lot of them are friends of mine... Just 2 different types of hunting.

I absolutely agree with you. I hope my statement didn’t come across as a jab at public land hunting, but if it did my apologies. I love hunting public land and the reward I get from getting it done on public land.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:01 am

jporcello wrote:
dan wrote:

I absolutely agree with you. I hope my statement didn’t come across as a jab at public land hunting, but if it did my apologies. I love hunting public land and the reward I get from getting it done on public land.

To me it's all about doing what you love. Some states have very little public and getting on a lease offers more opportunity. Some folks have the land and cash to work with it to produce optimal results. Some folks have family, jobs and other obligations so a spike on public is a tremendous accomplishment. Some folks cant hunt at all.

be grateful and enjoy what you are doing. We are very blessed. That jar of marbles gets smaller every hunt. Quit competing and start breathing is something I try to tell myself every day. This Oct, I'm focused on getting my daughter a deer on public with her bow. First time she's bowhunter in decades. That is keeping me young at heart this year :)
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:35 am

oldrank wrote:I thought it was funny when they shook hands n John said Dan has huge hand. I instantly thought " Those are shop hands". You can tell alot about a man's life by his hands. Tear down a machine 10000 times or spin a mill for 30 years n those hand get some bulk to them.

Some guys just have big meat hooks. I'm pretty sure John hung drywall for 30+ years too, so his hands have some miles on them as well.

My uncle is a master mechanic. Spent his entire life torquing nuts and bolts and wrenching rust-welded parts off from vehicles. He's not a big buy but when you shake his hands you can just feel the bone crushing power in them.

Now me... i'm 6'2', 235lbs, built like a linebacker but my hands are soft like a babies a$$... desk job will do that to ya lol ...
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 am

I think you guys would be pleasantly surprised if Lee agreed to a PLC. He knows what he’s doing. And nobody would outwork him. His work now is just different than it used to be. Anyone who quits his job to deer hunt, with no concrete plan of where to go from there, is a whitetail nut! That’s exactly what he did... THEN Scent Lok approached him and the result was Gettin’ Close.

Said this before but all his footage on the Realtree DVD’s was submitted to them for FREE. He didn’t get paid for it. That was just him out doing what he loves.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”