How will Dan n Joe do Poll

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

How will Dan and Joe do in Michigan Poll.

Skunk
12%
70-100" buck
13%
100-120" buck
54%
Huge buck
18%
Tag out
4%

Total votes: 196
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: How will Dan n Joe do Poll

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:54 pm

oldrank wrote:Final answer. I believe one will tag a huge buck. They are hungry n looking to prove something. They are both humble guys but I believe deep down they want it. I don't forget who Dan is. The Big Buck Serial Killer. He didn't get that name petting Bambi.

Just a little friendly advice... I do better when you tell me I can't do it. :mrgreen:

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 pm

dan wrote:
oldrank wrote:Final answer. I believe one will tag a huge buck. They are hungry n looking to prove something. They are both humble guys but I believe deep down they want it. I don't forget who Dan is. The Big Buck Serial Killer. He didn't get that name petting Bambi.

Just a little friendly advice... I do better when you tell me I can't do it. :mrgreen:

Dan you can't do it. No way you get a 120" buck during the Michigan Challenge!!!! :hand:

;)
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:20 pm

dan wrote:

I'm changing my vote.

I don't think you can pull it off.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:42 pm

It’s tough to say but I think they can get on to a 100-120” in a week between the two of them. If anyone can do it it’s Dan and Joe. Like someone else already mentioned, you don’t get the BBSK nickname shooting dinkers!
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:43 pm

dan wrote:

I could think of a hundred more qualified people. Can't do it.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Dan’s gonna shoot a little dinky nub buck. :mrgreen:
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:04 pm

As creative as they were last year, Dan and Joe will do just fine. Just leave a few for us locals!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:32 pm

Dewey wrote:Dan’s gonna shoot a little dinky nub buck. :mrgreen:

I predict an antlered doe.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:05 pm

dan wrote:

There is a fine line between success and failure. I see enough big bucks myself to know they exist. I just struggle to kill them. If you get in the right area you will be in the game. One thing I really believe from my experiences (I may just be an average hunter) if you get in the wrong area you have just as good of a chance at getting nothing.
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:03 pm

I say Joe will kill the Michigan state record
BBH1980

Unread postby BBH1980 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 pm

As a newer guy to the beast I think this challenge is really good stuff. Great opportunity for guys like me to learn more about bed hunting.
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Good luck gentleman. I have no doubt a big deer is going to take a dirt nap. Michigan is an awesome place to hunt.
Ranger Matthews

Unread postby Ranger Matthews » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:39 am

I think they will be pleasantly surprised with MI. There are plenty of good bucks if you are willing to work for them so I think their style is perfectly suited to large areas of public land it’s just a matter of wether they have enough time
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:05 am

The more I think about it, the more I think Joe and Dan will struggle.

Joe's a good hunter in Wisconsin as evident by his last video, but if that hunt would have been in Michigan he would have gotten picked off in the tree for sure. Joe's only hunted lower pressure (in comparison to Michigan) Wisconsin and Minnesota and done very well, but we are talking about M I C H I G A N!

So has Joe really been tested? He's a young guy....where are his articles in Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, Bowhunting, Bowhunter. ...they don't exist. Where is his TV show on the Outdoor Channel or Sportsmen Channel? ?? They don't exist. So can he really get it done? I have my doubts.

Dan has been on a downward spiral with his advancing age...he has said as much himself. Dan is long in the tooth, gray in the beard, swollen in the belly and doesn't have the drive he once had.

Dan's similar to the 90 year old we all know that is just happy to stumble out to the woods and sit on a stump one more time before he dies.

Hate to be so negative, but these two guys don't stand a chance on killing anything bigger than a spike buck.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:22 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think Joe and Dan will struggle.

Joe's a good hunter in Wisconsin as evident by his last video, but if that hunt would have been in Michigan he would have gotten picked off in the tree for sure. Joe's only hunted lower pressure (in comparison to Michigan) Wisconsin and Minnesota and done very well, but we are talking about M I C H I G A N!

So has Joe really been tested? He's a young guy....where are his articles in Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, Bowhunting, Bowhunter. ...they don't exist. Where is his TV show on the Outdoor Channel or Sportsmen Channel? ?? They don't exist. So can he really get it done? I have my doubts.

Dan has been on a downward spiral with his advancing age...he has said as much himself. Dan is long in the tooth, gray in the beard, swollen in the belly and doesn't have the drive he once had.

Dan's similar to the 90 year old we all know that is just happy to stumble out to the woods and sit on a stump one more time before he dies.

Hate to be so negative, but these two guys don't stand a chance on killing anything bigger than a spike buck.

----------

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”