Tethrd Mantis sizing.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ryan83

Re: Tethrd Mantis sizing.

Unread postby Ryan83 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 pm

milkweed-militia wrote:I'm getting ready to order a saddle in the near future and i was curious of the sizing. By the description and size chart, I'm wondering if I would need a medium or large. I'm 5' 9" and around 185 pounds.

Can any of you guys that use them give me a review on how they are sized (early season vs. late season with layers)? It looks like shipping takes a bit so I don't want to have to turn around and send it back.

I'd say you're going to want a large size - I'm 5'10 195 and have about a 34 inch waist - regardless though - medium is sorta for teenagers and hipsters. :lol:

jmickey

Unread postby jmickey » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:36 pm

I’m 5’9 ,165lbs and a size 33 pant. I own a medium and find it comfortable. I large would be way too big for me because I have no but lol.
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:36 am

Ryan83 wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:I'm getting ready to order a saddle in the near future and i was curious of the sizing. By the description and size chart, I'm wondering if I would need a medium or large. I'm 5' 9" and around 185 pounds.

Can any of you guys that use them give me a review on how they are sized (early season vs. late season with layers)? It looks like shipping takes a bit so I don't want to have to turn around and send it back.

I'd say you're going to want a large size - I'm 5'10 195 and have about a 34 inch waist - regardless though - medium is sorta for teenagers and hipsters. :lol:

From the sounds of these latest reviews, I'll probably be going with the large.......... because I hate hipsters! :D
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:01 am

I want to order one. I'm 5'6 and 150 and 34" waist. On the chart thats borderline depending on lean or sit so I wasn't sure which to go with. I messaged Tethrd and they said definitely medium.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Coolhandluke

Unread postby Coolhandluke » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:07 am

I’m 5’9 165 with a 31-32 in waist. I was lucky enough to get to try both a medium and a large and it was a no-brainer for the medium for me. The large is a lot more saddle.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:09 am

Huntress13 wrote:I want to order one. I'm 5'6 and 150 and 34" waist. On the chart thats borderline depending on lean or sit so I wasn't sure which to go with. I messaged Tethrd and they said definitely medium.

I would say definitely large.
I've never heard of a single complaint about a saddle being too big while in the tree.

If you live up north are going to have on thick warm clothes during winter.

The belt buckle fit adjust all the way down on medium and large so it's going to fit the leg straps fit the same.

It all depends if you want a few extra inches of mesh for more cushioning.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:I want to order one. I'm 5'6 and 150 and 34" waist. On the chart thats borderline depending on lean or sit so I wasn't sure which to go with. I messaged Tethrd and they said definitely medium.

I would say definitely large.
I've never heard of a single complaint about a saddle being too big while in the tree.

You live up north are going to have on thick warm clothes .

The belt buckle fit adjust all the way down on medium and large so it's going to fit the leg straps fit the same.

That's kind of what I was thinking and I did tell them cold weather gear. Good to know the straps on the large still tighten down that far.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”