Latest THP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Latest THP

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 am

Ted seems to be THP's lucky charm. How many bucks is that now that he has either filmed kills or killed!!! Plus the mountain lion. Congrats Dylan!!

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:16 am

stash59 wrote:Ted seems to be THP's lucky charm. How many bucks is that now that he has either filmed kills or killed!!! Plus the mountain lion. Congrats Dylan!!

It's the hat, I'm sure of it. :character-kyle:
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:12 am

stash59 wrote:Ted seems to be THP's lucky charm. How many bucks is that now that he has either filmed kills or killed!!! Plus the mountain lion. Congrats Dylan!!

I think some people just have a better knack for it and are more "killer" type than others. He also seems to be a quick learner, and I'm sure spending a week with Dan and Joe last fall helped a ton.
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 pm

And another example why in season scouting and hunting hot sign is the key
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:16 pm

ODH wrote:

And another example why in season scouting and hunting hot sign is the key

Exactly. I've been still trying to find some good, fresh sign. Looking forward to the day I get on it... Because I will eventually.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Teddy's kill is awesome. LOVE his reaction when they find him. We've all felt that way after the shot and while blood trailing. Worry, worry, worry, then euphoria.
JakeB
500 Club

Unread postby JakeB » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Ted is on! Not sure if he’s still an intern but they need to hire him if so.

I really hope they can keep the deer tour going like it is. It’s so much more relatable then mainstream hunting nowadays. They never claim products are the reason they get on deer. It’s all good stuff.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Pretty classic find sign, hang, hunt and kill. Ted's my new hero!!!! 8-) :clap: :dance:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Teds kill was a great video. It was as real as it gets. Sometimes they come in super quick like that buck did on them. I'm glad Teddy shot, even though they didn't have a ton of footage.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
IndyDawg

Unread postby IndyDawg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:37 am

Ted is a killer. I believe they mentioned before that he was no longer an intern, but just a part of the team.
IndyDawg

Unread postby IndyDawg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 am

Edit: Double Post
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 am

That was a fantastic MO hunt! :clap:
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:03 am

I am not trying to be a jack wagon here or start some drama so DONT TORCH ME but I have serious a question --- I thought filming on MO public land for commercial use was illegal? Did the state change the laws or is a youtube show considered personal use?
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:21 am

<DK> wrote:I am not trying to be a jack wagon here or start some drama so DONT TORCH ME but I have serious a question --- I thought filming on MO public land for commercial use was illegal? Did the state change the laws or is a youtube show considered personal use?

They're not on state land so they're legal. Probably as far as we need to go with that on the open forum.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 am

YouTubers all over the country film -everywhere . Must be nothing wrong with it. It's good to have film for better recovery of the animal if that gets seen by others I see nothing wrong with it.

. My experience with game wardens has been if it doesnt involve logging or putting new gravel on roads. They sit in air conditioning all day playing on their cell phones or run by the campground to find someone to annoy or lady to flirt with. They have the easiest job on earth. I go and talk to them every few weeks asking if they see anything big in the area.

A few states do run their own tv show and go to extremes just for video purposes. Though I think most of that is staged.

I really enjoy Thp I think millions do. Its brought the realism back to the hunting industry and is encouraging many people to go enjoy being out in nature. It's a win for everyone.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”