Latest THP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cspot
500 Club

Re: Latest THP

Unread postby cspot » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:28 am

I watched Dylan's and Ted's kills in Missouri last night. Both pretty good videos. Dylan's reaction after his shot was pretty unique. Don't think I have ever seen someone react that way. :lol: Both were great bucks and I really like the brow tines on Ted's buck.

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:55 am

stash59 wrote:They did let it slip they were on land owned by a federal agency. I won't say which one!!!! ;) :mrgreen:

Haha. Aaron has basically told exactly where they hunt on a podcast in the past. Those guys aren’t scared of competition. My hats off to them. Aaron has said it isn’t even what he would consider ‘good’ public for MO. I actually cyber scouted the same piece years ago before I started hunting the state and have never even bothered stepping foot on it. I bet if it wasn’t for the filming restrictions they would be hunting elsewhere...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Paca

Unread postby Paca » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 am

I’d personally disagree that it’s a dumb rule. Public lands are for the general population and not businesses to make money off of. I’ll say it again I love thp, but their business plan isn’t the same as the rest of the hunting industry. I wish them the best of luck and support them, I still think public lands are for unprofessional outdoors people. I think we as hunters Forget public lands are much much more than for hunting.
bowtechjim

Unread postby bowtechjim » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:12 pm

PK_ wrote:
stash59 wrote:They did let it slip they were on land owned by a federal agency. I won't say which one!!!! ;) :mrgreen:

Haha. Aaron has basically told exactly where they hunt on a podcast in the past. Those guys aren’t scared of competition. My hats off to them. Aaron has said it isn’t even what he would consider ‘good’ public for MO. I actually cyber scouted the same piece years ago before I started hunting the state and have never even bothered stepping foot on it. I bet if it wasn’t for the filming restrictions they would be hunting elsewhere...

I've hunted it before. It's decent. There's probably only one other public place were you can film at that I'd consider better
BorealBushMN

Unread postby BorealBushMN » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:08 pm

thwack16 wrote:I think the basis of the whole law is not to allow monetary gain from public lands. Not a terrible idea in my opinion.

Hunting outfitters and fishing guides make a living off of public property. Filming a video has far less impact on the resource then the guides and outfitters.
Paca

Unread postby Paca » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:11 pm

BorealBushMN wrote:
thwack16 wrote:I think the basis of the whole law is not to allow monetary gain from public lands. Not a terrible idea in my opinion.

Hunting outfitters and fishing guides make a living off of public property. Filming a video has far less impact on the resource then the guides and outfitters.

They do but didn’t someone say in mo, guides can’t operate on public land? Again, that is an even better rule than not allowing professional filming. Hats off to the state of mo, IMO.

I feel the same way about ranchers running cattle out west. What do public lands account for? Maybe 5% of land? The government is very efficient at taxing people to generate income, so revenue is relevant. Public lands should be public, not private sector business.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:10 am

Paca wrote:
BorealBushMN wrote:

They do but didn’t someone say in mo, guides can’t operate on public land? Again, that is an even better rule than not allowing professional filming. Hats off to the state of mo, IMO.

I feel the same way about ranchers running cattle out west. What do public lands account for? Maybe 5% of land? The government is very efficient at taxing people to generate income, so revenue is relevant. Public lands should be public, not private sector business.

Read recently that public lands are 28% of the United States. Also, in some areas out west, the only reason there is wildlife is because of farmers having livestock on the public lands and install water tanks and drinkers. When their contracts run out and the no longer keep up on the maintenance of the water source, no one else does and soon the wildlife starts to disappear as well
Racks&Beards

Unread postby Racks&Beards » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:11 am

PK_ wrote:
stash59 wrote:Aaron has said it isn’t even what he would consider ‘good’ public for MO.

Yeah that area they're on isn't horrible (obviously from their harvests there). I'd imagine they'd probably prefer to be hunting public lands further north or up in the NW corner of the state. There's some very nice areas north of Liberty. It's all state owned land though, and not corp land like they're on around {redacted} Lake. :mrgreen:
Speed is fine...Accuracy is final.
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:30 am

Teddy's buck is a hammer!!! It looks like them saddles are the way to go, crippled ole me will stay on the ground though lol. I'm one fall away from using my 9th live lol
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”