Thoughts on location to hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Abenak89

Thoughts on location to hunt

Unread postby Abenak89 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Just trying to get opinions on location I am thinking of hunting. I have only been in here once and you can see the trail i used. Saw some BIG tracks. Just trying to figure out how to hunt it I did kick a deer up in that area to the east where you can see my trail, never saw what it was but it seemed to be a solo deer which makes me think it was a buck. Unless you all see something more appealing to hunt? The southern part would be hard to get to, only way would be through the crops. Which I don't think would be smart?..

hokiehunter373

Re: Thoughts on location to hunt

Unread postby hokiehunter373 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:19 am

Abenak89 wrote:Just trying to get opinions on location I am thinking of hunting. I have only been in here once and you can see the trail i used. Saw some BIG tracks. Just trying to figure out how to hunt it I did kick a deer up in that area to the east where you can see my trail, never saw what it was but it seemed to be a solo deer which makes me think it was a buck. Unless you all see something more appealing to hunt? The southern part would be hard to get to, only way would be through the crops. Which I don't think would be smart?..

Have you changed the orientation of your map at all? Your notation for that wind direction is confusing me. If you haven't changed the orientation (and based on the wind direction notated on the bottom I don't think you have), the direction of the wind for that arrow you've drawn would be NE, not SW. A SW wind would be coming in from the bottom left of your pic which would change ideal bedding/entry/best spots/etc.
Get me in the woods
Abenak89

Unread postby Abenak89 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:26 am

hokiehunter373 wrote:
Abenak89 wrote:Just trying to get opinions on location I am thinking of hunting. I have only been in here once and you can see the trail i used. Saw some BIG tracks. Just trying to figure out how to hunt it I did kick a deer up in that area to the east where you can see my trail, never saw what it was but it seemed to be a solo deer which makes me think it was a buck. Unless you all see something more appealing to hunt? The southern part would be hard to get to, only way would be through the crops. Which I don't think would be smart?..

Have you changed the orientation of your map at all? Your notation for that wind direction is confusing me. If you haven't changed the orientation (and based on the wind direction notated on the bottom I don't think you have), the direction of the wind for that arrow you've drawn would be NE, not SW. A SW wind would be coming in from the bottom left of your pic which would change ideal bedding/entry/best spots/etc.

Oh my gosh lol you are right!!! Hahaha yes they calling for sw winds and wsw the next morning.
hokiehunter373

Unread postby hokiehunter373 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 am

Abenak89 wrote:
hokiehunter373 wrote:

Oh my gosh lol you are right!!! Hahaha yes they calling for sw winds and wsw the next morning.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not but your pic is blurry now so I can't really try to help
Get me in the woods

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”