What do you think?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jwetzel52

What do you think?

Unread postby jwetzel52 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Hey everyone. I’m new to public hunting as well as this style of hunting and I located this spot and wanted to see what people thought. I think it has potential, but wanted to see what others had to say and to see if my thoughts were correct. I marked spots I wanted to look at through onX hunt. Thanks for the help in advance!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Johnny-6-fingers

Re: What do you think?

Unread postby Johnny-6-fingers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 am

Spot looks pretty good. Especially with that creek running through it. The other good thing about that spot is that it had Ag fields all around it. Perfect situation to glass and shine to see if there is a big buck in the area that could be bedded there. Early season, bucks might be bedded closer to the ag fields but if that area gets any pressure they will most likely end up in that marsh.

There may be more isolated but good bedding just west of the area in your screen shot. I marked down a few things for you. Look at the blue circles. Those little strips of cover are likely travel routes for the deer using this marsh and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some good beds located where I marked the blue Xs. I marked some potential stand locations in red. Hopefully this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:22 am

Red arrow tips and circles is where I would expect bedding.
Green x potential stands .

That area by your east market above the creeks and transition is a good funnel for a buck leaving bedding. That area has possibly too much bedding they could be in several locations.

That center island has 3 trails going into it there's for sure bedding their dunno if its mature bucks. I think the biggest stuff will be under the circled trees or the arrow tips by it.

Screenshot_20190911-184200_Photo Editor.jpg
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:34 am

Get those boots burning. You might want to block out the coordinates on your picture if you really care about others not knowing where you're at.
jwetzel52

Unread postby jwetzel52 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm

jwetzel52 wrote:Hey everyone. I’m new to public hunting as well as this style of hunting and I located this spot and wanted to see what people thought. I think it has potential, but wanted to see what others had to say and to see if my thoughts were correct. I marked spots I wanted to look at through onX hunt. Thanks for the help in advance!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”