Data Driven Deer Log (Part 3): Data Validation and Automating Multiple Location Data Retrieval

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Data Driven Deer Log (Part 3): Data Validation and Automating Multiple Location Data Retrieval

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Part 3 in the series. This video covers Data Validation (helps eliminate data entry errors like misspelled words) and Automating Multiple Location Data Retrieval. If you hunt more than one zip code, this video demonstrates how to write a formula to retrieve location specific weather data. For example, if you hunt location A, B, and C, which are all in different zip codes, this video demonstrates how to write a formula that says "if location A, return a variable associated with location A NOAA data, but if location B, return location B data/variables instead, and if location C, return location C data/variables instead of location A or B". This requires a little more advanced Excel work, but I try and break it down step by step.

Let me know if there are any other topics of interest.

https://youtu.be/0mkTyVe0VnA

dmd320

Re: Data Driven Deer Log (Part 3): Data Validation and Automating Multiple Location Data Retrieval

Unread postby dmd320 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:03 am

Thanks for posting this! I have 2 locations that have different NOAA observation times. Would I need to use the "IF" and "VLOOKUP" function to get the closest observation time?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”