WhitetailDNA "The Hunting Beast Q&A Series" - Uncle Lou

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

daveynewman
500 Club

Re: WhitetailDNA "The Hunting Beast Q&A Series" - Uncle Lou

Unread postby daveynewman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:15 pm

This was an awesome read

Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Good job Uncle Lou been waiting on your write up. :clap:
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm

BEASTs, I don't even know what to say, except Thanks for the kind words.

If people know how to use this site this is the BEST support group ever made thanks to dan and his family, and his extended family - BEASTs. I want to respond to each and every comment, but don't really want to make a lot of attention to me, because this site is about all of you. (Dave, it was great talking with you and your daughter at DeerFest, Maria?).

There were some absolute BEASTs on that series that Scott did, Thank You Scott for doing this and I am about the least BEAST on that list. I did it because I want to encourage hunters, newbies, and other hunters that aren't in full out BEAST mode but just want to enjoy hunting, and learn more.

Jump in, do it, go to a new place, don't ever be discouraged because you haven't found 10 booner beds. You will get there if you keep on the path, keep going,
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:BEASTs, I don't even know what to say, except Thanks for the kind words.

If people know how to use this site this is the BEST support group ever made thanks to dan and his family, and his extended family - BEASTs. I want to respond to each and every comment, but don't really want to make a lot of attention to me, because this site is about all of you. (Dave, it was great talking with you and your daughter at DeerFest, Maria?).

There were some absolute BEASTs on that series that Scott did, Thank You Scott for doing this and I am about the least BEAST on that list. I did it because I want to encourage hunters, newbies, and other hunters that aren't in full out BEAST mode but just want to enjoy hunting, and learn more.

Jump in, do it, go to a new place, don't ever be discouraged because you haven't found 10 booner beds. You will get there if you keep on the path, keep going,

You got it Lou. Absolutely right. Amazing.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Great job, Lou. Love the stories, I need to get to MI again & we can share a campfire. Well maybe you can head south & we meet in the middle!!!!!
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm

:cry: ...... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:35 pm

:clap: :clap:

I enjoyed that Lou, thanks for taking the time.
Matt Gill
500 Club

Unread postby Matt Gill » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:41 pm

That was a good write up! Hunting is all about personal goals and enjoying your time outdoors. I think sometimes everyone forgets to chill out and just enjoy it and the fellowship it brings :D
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 pm

:clap: :clap:
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 am

cbigbear wrote:Great job, Lou. Love the stories, I need to get to MI again & we can share a campfire. Well maybe you can head south & we meet in the middle!!!!!

We could knock Porcello out of his MO spot :P
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:04 am

Ishi Spirit wrote:Very nice job uncle Lou! Now with your username I had you pictured to be like my uncles but older :lol: but I might have you beat in age :whistle:
I hope you are back at the 2020 Iowa Deer Classic so we can meet! Best of luck this season uncle Lou

Funny you bring up the name I am only 50, but stuck in a 30 year old frame of mind. My good friend Tony started calling me Uncle Lou when I was 29. I was always Louis til then. I have a cuzin Louie, and an Uncle Lou, and we were all kinda named after my grandfather on my mothers side. But when I joined the forum I saw everyone one had cool nicknames, so I just through it out there. Tony's dad " Pappy" even started calling me that. It is just hilarious when a grown man calls a 30 yr old - Uncle. I just finished a project with Tony and his kid. His kid stills calls me Uncle Lou.

Since I started using the name, I now have some neices and nephews with kids. So you see where I am going with this, I may have to change it :?:

We may be back in Iowa, but I just do a show here and there, but that may change. Iowa was great, but I just kinda skip around here and there anymore when I do them. UNLESS dan wants to do a show in WI, those are always a blast. I think next year the Madison Deer & Turkey would be one place we would do.
Ishi Spirit

Unread postby Ishi Spirit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:32 am

Uncle Lou wrote:
Ishi Spirit wrote:Very nice job uncle Lou! Now with your username I had you pictured to be like my uncles but older :lol: but I might have you beat in age :whistle:
I hope you are back at the 2020 Iowa Deer Classic so we can meet! Best of luck this season uncle Lou

Funny you bring up the name I am only 50, but stuck in a 30 year old frame of mind. My good friend Tony started calling me Uncle Lou when I was 29. I was always Louis til then. I have a cuzin Louie, and an Uncle Lou, and we were all kinda named after my grandfather on my mothers side. But when I joined the forum I saw everyone one had cool nicknames, so I just through it out there. Tony's dad " Pappy" even started calling me that. It is just hilarious when a grown man calls a 30 yr old - Uncle. I just finished a project with Tony and his kid. His kid stills calls me Uncle Lou.

Since I started using the name, I now have some neices and nephews with kids. So you see where I am going with this, I may have to change it :?:

We may be back in Iowa, but I just do a show here and there, but that may change. Iowa was great, but I just kinda skip around here and there anymore when I do them. UNLESS dan wants to do a show in WI, those are always a blast. I think next year the Madison Deer & Turkey would be one place we would do.

Yep I have a few years on you but not many 8-)
The Spirit Lives On
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:36 am

Nice guest! Awesome :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”