Stealth Strip install on XOP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hplayer13

Stealth Strip install on XOP

Unread postby hplayer13 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:32 pm

I bought the 4”x34” for my XOP sticks, how does everybody put them on? Single strips or wrap it around in one solid strip? Remove all hardware or what?

Absolutely LOVE the material Lou thanks fellas for turning me on to SS

backstraps

Re: Stealth Strip install on XOP

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm

I remove all the hardware, steps, standoffs etc
To the bare tube
The strips are cut to fold around the stick, full length

Stealth Strips and Lou are Awesome!
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Just did my treestand in stealth strip the other night. Thanks again Lou!!
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:52 am

I've wrapped two sets of XOP sticks with the 4" x 32" stick kits. The XOPs are a bit longer at 34". This is how I did it and it worked for me, however with stealth strips they are so versatile that you can tailor them to your liking and create your own way. My buddy literally created a template for wrapping his XOP sticks and took over an hour to wrap each stick. But mine is half the time and not as meticulous.

1. Remove Top and Bottom hardware from sticks while leaving the middle hardware.I did this so I didn't have to mess with the 1/4 inch locking mechanism. I also remove the fast strap button. This will leave the stick mostly bare at the top and bottom. Note that you should keep the top and bottom hardware separate from one another.

2. I measured the distance from the bottom of the stick to the bottom of the hardware. I then cut my stealth strip to that size so the stealth strip butts up to the hardware. I then wrap the bottom half of the stick.

3. I then measure the top half of the stick from the top to the top of the hardware. I again cut my stealth strip to size and wrap the top half.

4. At this point the majority of your stick is wrapped. There are only the sides under the middle hardware and back side of the middle hardware that are exposed. Use your leftover strip to cover this. Cut and piece it in.

5. Next, determine where your holes are for hardware. A sharpie marker works well with marking your holes. Use a sharp razor blade to cut your holes. Note that you do not want any strips within the holes. The hardware may not fit if you have stealth strip pieces in the way.

6. Reattach your top hardware, bottom hardware, and fast strap button. And you are finished!

Each stick doing this you will get better. The 1st one you will be learning and by the 4th stick you will be a pro. Take your time with this and don't rush.

Hope this helps!

Tim
But dozer
Facebook: Aaron Johnson

Unread postby But dozer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks Northwoods, super informative post, I will be reading this post tomorrow as I attempt this procedure.
OntarioWoodsman
Facebook: Attila Bajus

Unread postby OntarioWoodsman » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:14 am

Has anybody stealth stripped the XOP ultra double steps? I know one critique with the lateral stacking is that separation causes a metal clink. I’m just wondering how the stealth stripping would affect the plastic attachment brackets seating on the stick in their groove. I guess I could just cut around that part…

Trying to decide between that and the beast sticks. Seems like the beast ones are better quality but I like the side stacking and the price point a bit better on the ultras.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:55 pm

I know Tim has a good system presented above and if you want to do some limited disassembly no doubt will work great. I like to split the full length on most sticks and work around steps, and even the versa buttons. We have some wrapping tutorials on our youtube channel on other sticks that shows what I am talking about. I have never wrapped an XOP, but it wouldn't scare me to do one fully assembled. Life is hard enough, Stealth Strips should be easy.

Appreciate the kind words.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”