Pre & Post Beast Success

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: Pre & Post Beast Success

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 am

It’s hard to argue with that :lol:

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Ishi Spirit

Unread postby Ishi Spirit » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:56 am

xpauliber wrote:I joined the BEAST in 2011. In the 15 years prior to that, I shot 4 bucks (the farthest 2 on the left & 2 dinks that I didn't get mounted). In the 8 years since I joined the BEAST, I shot all the rest of these. Hunt the beds, hang the heads. 8-)

Thank you Dan & the Hunting Beast Community!

IMG_5205.JPGIMG_5195.JPG

My camera man & future BEAST wanted to get in on the action too. :mrgreen:
IMG_5212.JPG

Congrats on the job well done!
I’d like to see a close up pic of the buck with the funky rack as its very unique :handgestures-thumbup:
The Spirit Lives On
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:58 am

Ishi Spirit wrote:
xpauliber wrote:I joined the BEAST in 2011. In the 15 years prior to that, I shot 4 bucks (the farthest 2 on the left & 2 dinks that I didn't get mounted). In the 8 years since I joined the BEAST, I shot all the rest of these. Hunt the beds, hang the heads. 8-)

IMG_5205.JPGIMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

I’d like to see a close up pic of the buck with the funky rack as its very unique :handgestures-thumbup:

Do you mean this one?

2B5ABC21-BF3D-4265-86CE-3BD2A987A02A.png

When he came in, his left side was facing me and I thought his right side was just a big spike but after I recovered him, I saw that he actually had snapped his whole right beam off and that “spike” was actually just an abnormal point that grew off the brow time. You can kind of see it broken here:

511F265E-3D83-42EE-B783-64EF477BA471.jpeg

I wish he wasn’t busted up but he was a real scrapper with scars all over and even the way he came in with his ears back, hair bristled, and stiff legged walk meant he didn’t back down from a fight. Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ishi Spirit

Unread postby Ishi Spirit » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am

xpauliber wrote:
Ishi Spirit wrote:

IMG_5205.JPGIMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

Do you mean this one?

2B5ABC21-BF3D-4265-86CE-3BD2A987A02A.png

When he came in, his left side was facing me and I thought his right side was just a big spike but after I recovered him, I saw that he actually had snapped his whole right beam off and that “spike” was actually just an abnormal point that grew off the brow time. You can kind of see it broken here:

511F265E-3D83-42EE-B783-64EF477BA471.jpeg

I wish he wasn’t busted up but he was a real scrapper with scars all over and even the way he came in with his ears back, hair bristled, and stiff legged walk meant he didn’t back down from a fight. Lol

Yes that one! That does suck that the beam was busted but many bucks aren’t perfect. Still a cool looking buck and mount and with the ears down he has a PO attitude.
The Spirit Lives On
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm

That is some great motivation! Thanks for sharing :clap:
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”