Milkweed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bud TN

Milkweed

Unread postby Bud TN » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:15 am

If anyone is willing to share or tell me where to pick up some milkweed, I sure could use a few pods for the upcoming season. It does not grow up in my mountains and I missed the milk thistle blooms this year. :doh: :?

Thanks in advance!

CattailCommander

Re: Milkweed

Unread postby CattailCommander » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:06 am

If nobody has any laying around right now for you, I can always pick a bunch once it gets "ripe" enough around here. Noticed down one gravel road from my place there was solid patches (roughly 8'x10') of milkweed growing about every 10-15 yards in the ditch for a good half mile. I should just take a picture because I can barely believe how much there is. As long as they don't mow it, I could have enough for the next 5 years.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:41 am

It is very close to “picking” for my area

Shoot me a pn and I will be glad to pick and ship!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 am

I stopped and picked a lot today. The pods are not as big as usual, but I picked a bunch. If anyone else needs some, let me know
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 am

They’re small pods, but dry’em out and ready to go. Just let me know how much you need. In a couple weeks when the pods are full sized, I can get plenty more too.

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:42 am

backstraps wrote:They’re small pods, but dry’em out and ready to go. Just let me know how much you need. In a couple weeks when the pods are full sized, I can get plenty more too.

Oh g'lor... glad my sis is on a beer run
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:45 am

muddy wrote:
backstraps wrote:They’re small pods, but dry’em out and ready to go. Just let me know how much you need. In a couple weeks when the pods are full sized, I can get plenty more too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Better be easy ole Muddy, you’ll have to go on some more carb/calorie burning runs to keep that high school figure of yours :lol:
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 am

backstraps wrote:
muddy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Better be easy ole Muddy, you’ll have to go on some more carb/calorie burning runs to keep that high school figure of yours :lol:

I am calories ahead today!
20190816_185844.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Dang rite ! Ready for another barley snack! :lol:
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 pm

For the guys that had asked....I just cut a slit the full length of the pod. Place inside a paper bag. Then I close the bag, place on the dash of my truck. The sun through the windshield will dry them fast.
There was a youtube video posted here the other day.... guy rolls the pod in his hands and separates the seeds from the filaments. Neat little tip he had. Replant the seeds

Bud TN

Unread postby Bud TN » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 am

Excellent and thank you! I could use about a dozen or whatever is easiest to send. What is your address and I can send you an empty and cash to use for return shipping. I appreciate the help by the way! Think I will plant some this year and make my own supply for the future.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:52 am

Bud TN wrote:

Excellent and thank you! I could use about a dozen or whatever is easiest to send. What is your address and I can send you an empty and cash to use for return shipping. I appreciate the help by the way! Think I will plant some this year and make my own supply for the future.

PM Sent

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”