I'm fired up!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

austin1990
500 Club

I'm fired up!

Unread postby austin1990 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:21 pm

I went to the farm this evening to try and shoot a hog, been having some fields rooted up and was gonna try to nip that in the bud. They've been coming about 30 minutes before dark going off the cameras, but of course they didnt show this evening. But I did lay eyes on 5 bucks, I've been seeing most of them on camera as well. 3 1.5 year olds, a 3.5 year old and 2 older mature bucks.. the bigger of the 2 mature bucks hasn't been on camera in 4 weeks. Anyways I was worried he may have moved on, last week going to check cameras I cut a big set of tracks in a place I hardly ever see deer about 300 yards from where the other bucks frequent. It's a small little finger of grass and other browse between an oak island and big open timber. Every time I go check these cameras or try to shoot a hog I park next to this oak island. Anyways it was close to dark so I headed for the truck. Got about 80 yards from the truck and who do I see not 50 yards from the truck? He's added a good bit in the last month and now I got an idea on how to kill him. I sat down and waited til it was completely dark and made a loop around to my truck. We have rain chances in the morning so I'm considering sliding in early and hanging a camera to see how often he uses that little spot. Tried to film some, but it was so dark you cant tell much. It's late, but all I can do is think about how to kill this deer, got about 5 weeks til season opener so I've got some time to keep tabs on him. He'd be my best by far with a bow, and possibly bigger than my biggest buck. Let the cat and mouse games begin :twisted:
20190809_223616.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rmallen
Facebook: Roth mallen

Re: I'm fired up!

Unread postby Rmallen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Moon over head about dark.brother saw a pig tonight also. Should be good tomorrow as well!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:17 pm

You should be fired up. You got something on your hit list to chase. Good luck and don't give him too much warning that you are coming.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:26 pm

The pictures that are not in total view are always best. Leaves imagination to wonder. Good looking buck.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:You should be fired up. You got something on your hit list to chase. Good luck and don't give him too much warning that you are coming.

Thanks lou! It rained all morning so I slipped in and hung a camera, hopefully can determine a little better if theres a consistent route he's coming in on. Also gonna try to go glass from a distance in the evenings a few days a week and keep tabs on him and the others around.
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Ghost Hunter wrote:The pictures that are not in total view are always best. Leaves imagination to wonder. Good looking buck.

For sure! This is another I grabbed from the video, makes the mind really wonder :lol: he's a solid deer though and I'd be very happy to put a tag on him
20190809_223658.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I haven't check my cameras sense around May. Plan on checking and pulling them 24th of August.
Good luck this year Austin.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”