So!! "How" does one tighten their groups?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: So!! "How" does one tighten their groups?

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:37 am

Coolhandluke wrote:My accuracy has really took a gigantic leap this off season. Mostly due to hard work as I haven’t stopped shooting since deer season ended. First it was blank bales indoors while the winter passed by then incorporating more aiming. The few tips that have helped me the most are: 1) work on smooth “surprise” release before worry about aiming. 2)Incorporate aiming but don’t worry about holding dead on let the pins float around the target. 3) pushing with grip hand while pulling with back tension to steady your aim 4) pretending all 4 fingers glued together on release hand instead of using a trigger finger only approach 5) hole stead through the shot
And you can never go wrong with a fresh string and tune up. Can’t wait for October!! :dance:

:text-goodpost:

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Dpierce72
500 Club

Re: So!! "How" does one tighten their groups?

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:54 am

Dpierce72 wrote:
Dpierce72 wrote:Recently reviewed John Dudley 'School of Nock' YouTube videos and implemented some of the 'forgotten' gems into my shooting. They are short, to the point, and pretty easy to follow. I believe it's making a difference ...but it could be the countless number of arrows I'm flinging each day as well.

Also, I'll say as far as 'groups' are concerned, I'd rather shoot 4 arrows at 4 different "8,9, 10, x" rings than the same one. I hate replacing fletchings. A robin hood is okay ;) , but I burn through way more busted fletching ...so not worth it to me to shoot at the same target to produce 'groups'' I do keep score, if you will, but only counting an 8 or above. And to the point above ...I walked away yesterday evening :lol: Good advice!

From school of nock, lesson #5 helped me the most w/consistency - curl the trigger finger with the first knuckle vs punching w/tip of trigger finger. It isn't quite the same as a surprise shot from a thumb or tension release, but it has helped me more than anything.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”