MN regs are out... THIS IS BAD!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: MN regs are out... THIS IS BAD!!

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 am

Hawthorne wrote:Adapt and overcome. They put some stiff regs in the CWD areas of Michigan . Month and a half long gun season and 10 doe tags per person

Yeah and far as I'm aware noone drives to hunt in Michigan.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:48 am

Onemanwolphpack wrote:Could you post a link, I'm having trouble finding it on their website. Thanks

It’s at the very bottom of my original post
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:50 am

DaveT1963 wrote:That does stink... was there a less severe winter die off this year? Minnesota was one of the places I was really starting to look at, esp the SE corner - looks like I may need to reevaluate.

Should still be good until gun opener. If you’re going to come better do it this year. :lol:
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 am

Ouch, still even after the slaughter it can't be worse than zone 1. :lol: ;)
Onemanwolphpack

Unread postby Onemanwolphpack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 am

Lockdown wrote:
Onemanwolphpack wrote:Could you post a link, I'm having trouble finding it on their website. Thanks

It’s at the very bottom of my original post

Sorry, got so irritated reading it, I must have missed it. I own land in 604, between this and wolves its extremely depressing.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 am

Hate to see that man. Sad really.
Chunk81

Unread postby Chunk81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 am

And a youth statewide Firearms hunt right before the Rut Oct. 17-20. I get the youth thing but should be limited to private lands only. Won't be much left on the public.
Hey you guys!!!
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:39 am

CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:19 am

fr0sty wrote:On a brighter note (imho) dog tracking wounded deer is allowed now.

I agree with you there!

Chunk81 wrote:And a youth statewide Firearms hunt right before the Rut Oct. 17-20. I get the youth thing but should be limited to private lands only. Won't be much left on the public.

Thankfully its only 3 days and restricted to youth ages 10-13 so that narrows down the amount of youth participating at least. I'm all for getting the kids out there and learning but unfortunately sometimes the parents/guardian/mentor that takes them out doesn't teach them the proper etiquette, woodsmanship, conservation state of mind, etc. that hunters should have and just tell the kids to start shooting at anything that moves or is brown, no matter if its running across the field in a dead sprint at 316 paces. Or the parents pulling some unethical stuff just so the kid gets "their" deer to boost their social status.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:43 am

It’s for youth between ages of 10-17

bcarey2 wrote:
fr0sty wrote:On a brighter note (imho) dog tracking wounded deer is allowed now.

I agree with you there!

Chunk81 wrote:And a youth statewide Firearms hunt right before the Rut Oct. 17-20. I get the youth thing but should be limited to private lands only. Won't be much left on the public.

Thankfully its only 3 days and restricted to youth ages 10-13 so that narrows down the amount of youth participating at least. I'm all for getting the kids out there and learning but unfortunately sometimes the parents/guardian/mentor that takes them out doesn't teach them the proper etiquette, woodsmanship, conservation state of mind, etc. that hunters should have and just tell the kids to start shooting at anything that moves or is brown, no matter if its running across the field in a dead sprint at 316 paces. Or the parents pulling some unethical stuff just so the kid gets "their" deer to boost their social status.
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Lockdown wrote:
Dewey wrote:Let me guess......CWD management?

I’m sure, even though last time I did the math .4% of deer tested were infected. Yes, there’s a period in front of the 4

The part that frustrates me more than anything is a few years ago they got audited and were found to have “unsound management practices”. We were promised all this change and better numbers. They cut tags for a couple years, now this.

I especially feel bad for the guys in the SE. On the bright side hunting land should be dirt cheap down there in 2-3 years.

Unfortunately or fortunately when this happened in nw Minnesota it didn't effect land prices much
Quest1001

Unread postby Quest1001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Antler point restrictions are cancelled in all deer permit areas except 338, 339, 341 and 342. Party-hunting (also known as cross-tagging) for antlered bucks is allowed in all deer permit areas except 338, 339, 341 and 342.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Here’s a better map. It’s not QUITE as bad as I initially thought, but it’s still not good. Still can’t believe what they’re doing in the SE. And I’m glad they’re too stupid to figure things out at my honey hole area :lol:

may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Anyone have info on why they did this?
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Lockdown wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:That does stink... was there a less severe winter die off this year? Minnesota was one of the places I was really starting to look at, esp the SE corner - looks like I may need to reevaluate.

Should still be good until gun opener. If you’re going to come better do it this year. :lol:

I would love that but this year I'm already committed to KY, OK, TX and maybe MO - so my plate (and vacation time) is full this year. I have always wanted to hunt MN since the 80s when Myles Keller was slaying some studs with his old Black Widow recurves.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”