Getting intimate with a hunting area

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Getting intimate with a hunting area

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:09 pm

tgreeno wrote:
tim wrote:I like to know what my woods looks like with leaves and without leaves. Scouting all winter long is nice but early season you will swear your on a different property.... so land features are same but leaves and foliage are huge that’s what I like to know the difference in seasons

This is a bid deal in some areas. In the winter you can easily see everything. In Sept. it looks like a impassible jungle. Be prepared!

Especially marshes and swamps. I always get a laugh out of the guys who scout hard in the winter on ice finding spots deep in the marsh and then are surprised early season when there is no possible we they can reach them due to deep water and just being afraid to get their feet wet. Add in 8 foot cattails, thick marsh grass and horrendous bugs and their tune changes very quickly. Good to dive into that stuff in the summer just to see what your getting into. No sense in wasting a hunt later when you figure out it’s not gonna work for you. You need to know what goes on there year round.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”