Getting Excited for 2019

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Huntress13
500 Club

Getting Excited for 2019

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:39 am

I'm getting really excited about bowhunting this year. I've been able to turn my bow poundage up which is a huge deal for me, because I'm not that young anymore. I haven't seen too many other women here, but you might relate if you've seen your wives, gf's and daughters struggle with shooting low pounds with short draw lengths. I'm up to about 47#. Because I wanna shoot big bucks! People don't understand, my guy gets sick of me talking about all things hunting because he's not obsessed like I am.

:whistle:

Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: Getting Excited for 2019

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:51 am

Good luck this season!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:53 am

Huntress13 wrote:I'm getting really excited about bowhunting this year. I've been able to turn my bow poundage up which is a huge deal for me, because I'm not that young anymore. I haven't seen too many other women here, but you might relate if you've seen your wives, gf's and daughters struggle with shooting low pounds with short draw lengths. I'm up to about 47#. Because I wanna shoot big bucks! People don't understand, my guy gets sick of me talking about all things hunting because he's not obsessed like I am.

:clap:

Good luck to you!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:56 am

Good luck! Hope to see you in the kill zone
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:57 am

8-)

Good luck with your season! We never get tired of talking about hunting here.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:06 am

Good luck. Great to see your excitement. Don’t worry about us......we have deer on the mind 24/7/365. You will fit right in here. 8-)
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:12 am

:clap:

My daughter shoots 47lbs as well and she literally zips straight thru’em!!

Hope you have a fun safe and enjoyable season. Be sure and keep us up to date
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:15 am

Good luck this season :D
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:17 am

:handgestures-thumbupright:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:21 am

Huntress13 wrote:I'm getting really excited about bowhunting this year. I've been able to turn my bow poundage up which is a huge deal for me, because I'm not that young anymore. I haven't seen too many other women here, but you might relate if you've seen your wives, gf's and daughters struggle with shooting low pounds with short draw lengths. I'm up to about 47#. Because I wanna shoot big bucks! People don't understand, my guy gets sick of me talking about all things hunting because he's not obsessed like I am.

I can't believe what I'm reading! I didn't think anyone got tired of talking about hunting. Maybe you should go talk to him about hunting right now just to be sure you didn't misunderstand him.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:33 am

milkweed-militia wrote:

I can't believe what I'm reading! I didn't think anyone got tired of talking about hunting. Maybe you should go talk to him about hunting right now just to be sure you didn't misunderstand him.

Well, he likes hunting, but he's a "sit in a ladder stand and wait for the deer to come to you" sort. And that works sometimes, but you have to wait for the rut and get lucky. There's a whole 3 to 4 weeks bowhunting before the rut starts! He gets sick of me talking about all the stuff I wanna do to get closer. I haven't sprung my idea of saddle hunting on him yet. lol. Just wait. The delivery boxes will start coming and he'll say, "what the heck is that...."

He's proud of me because I shot the biggest deer anyone ever got on our 40 acres (profile pic). But I didn't shoot it with my bow, dammit, that's my goal. Saw him last evening of bowhunting but it was too dark.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:50 am

burkhart wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:

Well, he likes hunting, but he's a "sit in a ladder stand and wait for the deer to come to you" sort. And that works sometimes, but you have to wait for the rut and get lucky. There's a whole 3 to 4 weeks bowhunting before the rut starts! He gets sick of me talking about all the stuff I wanna do to get closer. I haven't sprung my idea of saddle hunting on him yet. lol. Just wait. The delivery boxes will start coming and he'll say, "what the heck is that...."

He's proud of me because I shot the biggest deer anyone ever got on our 40 acres (profile pic). But I didn't shoot it with my bow, dammit, that's my goal. Saw him last evening of bowhunting but it was too dark.

Dead is dead...we don’t care how u kill them :)

I know, but it's so much more challenging (for me) with a bow. I can shoot anything and a long distance with a gun. But bow range for me is like 25-30 yards max and that's so much more exciting, getting a big buck close, making the shot, all that.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:27 am

Huntress13 wrote:
burkhart wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:
milkweed-militia wrote:

Dead is dead...we don’t care how u kill them :)

I know, but it's so much more challenging (for me) with a bow. I can shoot anything and a long distance with a gun. But bow range for me is like 25-30 yards max and that's so much more exciting, getting a big buck close, making the shot, all that.

That’s what it’s all about. :clap:
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:44 am

Awesome thread.

I just got my first August magazine with a Deer on the cover. It's coming soon. I started shooting the long bow in the last few weeks.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Matt Gill
500 Club

Unread postby Matt Gill » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:02 am

Congrats on getting the poundage up! We had to switch my wife to crossbow due to her not being able to effectively pull her compound enough to practice. Good luck!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”