Bow Holders for Portable Set-Up

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hplayer13

Bow Holders for Portable Set-Up

Unread postby hplayer13 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:42 am

What’s a good compact but easy to use bow holder to hook onto a stand? For reference I have an XOP and want something that allows me to easily slip my bow out of. Some have bad angles, I’ve got a Bowtech Prodigy

kdawg_901

Re: Bow Holders for Portable Set-Up

Unread postby kdawg_901 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am

I put the third hand bow holder on my xop stand. Holds the bow solid in a spot that's very convenient to grab the bow from.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 am

Third hand is a good one. I got mine mounted on my seat and it easily Grab able Like it alot, its adjustable and mounts to any style stand. Ive heard of some people putting there bow on lone wolf sit and climb and climbing with them on stand so they dont have to hoist them up, I dont know about that myself but just heard it.
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Really like the bow holder I use....lightweight and very compact. Unfortunately I don't think they are made anymore.

Bohning Bow Hitch......

press-release.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LowLight

Unread postby LowLight » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 am

I like the third hand on my climber, lets me climb with the bow on the top section and is in a good spot when seated and standing but not sure about on my alpha. Put it on the seat and didn't care for it there.
Anyone try the Hawk LIMB GRIP Bow Holder?

Seems like it work great from the pics but haven't seen one in person.

westmichigander

Unread postby westmichigander » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:23 am

I believe the guys from tethrd are coming out with a strap that goes around the tree that looks like it could work very well to hang all your stuff.
I think they just posted a pic of it on their facebook
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:40 am

I wonder what the cost on that will be. I've been researching options. I like the look of the third hand but haven't found enough feedback using it on a m7 microlite to want to get it. Need something that doesn't require screwing into the tree.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:09 am

UofLbowhunter wrote:Third hand is a good one. I got mine mounted on my seat and it easily Grab able Like it alot, its adjustable and mounts to any style stand. Ive heard of some people putting there bow on lone wolf sit and climb and climbing with them on stand so they dont have to hoist them up, I dont know about that myself but just heard it.

Same here!!
KS27

Unread postby KS27 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 am

LowLight wrote:I like the third hand on my climber, lets me climb with the bow on the top section and is in a good spot when seated and standing but not sure about on my alpha. Put it on the seat and didn't care for it there.
Anyone try the Hawk LIMB GRIP Bow Holder?

Seems like it work great from the pics but haven't seen one in person.

I have the Hawk Limb Grip bow holder and really like it. I just put it in my pack and attach it to the stand once the stand is hung or hang it on the ground before going up. I do this because you never know how the tree will set up to get in your stand if you are going in blind. (From the left or right side of the stand). That's how I determine if I put it in front like the picture or on my left side since I'm right handed.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”