Sitting or standing?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Net Guy
500 Club

Re: Sitting or standing?

Unread postby Net Guy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 pm

I stand for the vast majority of my shots because I have the most confidence in it, however, I do know I get busted more when comparing standing vs sitting. Maybe I should commit to stay sitting more. :think:

tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:38 am

When I shot my recurves I always was standing...... now as I can not shoot that weigh anymore, I have a Hoyt compound with 75 percent let off. So I can shoot very well sitting, which is one more movement I do not need to do to alert the animal. But of course I practice for both set ups....... The beauty of the compound is the let off and hold capability, which can be a game changer in the swamps, where for the most part, I am only as high, as a few feet, to see over the tops of whatever is growing, so I can get a shot. For those set ups I am sitting.......
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 am

I think its just me but I can remain still alot better while sitting. Something about trying to stand motionless on a Lone Wolf cast aluminum platform that bugs my knees and hip.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”