Who is Going to Deer Fest Aug 2-4

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

stash59

Re: Who is Going to Deer Fest Aug 2-4

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
dan wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:My daughter accompanied me to Deerfest yesterday, so I took her to Crossfit Games today. Let's just say the body types and vendors are VERY different from Deerfest! :lol:
20190804_134212.jpg

Body types... LOL. Dan Small was in the booth next to us, and he and I are a bit of old friends from the shows way back when. So He comes over and says what you got going over here? I told him about the stand and sticks and he says "Im 70 years old now, I can't do that hang and hunt anymore. I said "I hear ya Dan, Im in my 50's now and its getting tougher every year.... Dan Small raises one eyebrow and pats on my big fat gut and says maybe you need to shave pounds on this, not the stand!... LOL...

:lol:

Everybody should do both....lighter gut AND lighter stand.

Even if your super tough and can handle all of the weight just fine. I'd think having a few less pounds to haul around. Would keep you from sinking in the muck so far. Especially on those oh... :angry-cussingblack: occasions.

Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:59 pm

I just got in this evening, was not driving through Chicago and around again, went over the top of Lake Michigan, much nicer ride back to DETROIT (that was for Tim). He loves my DETROIT references everytime I travel. You gotta admit, everyone has heard of the D. So I am not exactly in the D but an hour north.

Anyway, shout outs, and I apologize if I miss some.

Stash and his lil bro Tom (thanks for bringing him) Great time Stash

Dan and his lovely wife Carol, Mario (and his whole family showed on Saturday Monica - with a long O, Marisssa and another M, sorry to that daughter)
Rob, his wife Jess, and Bo. Bo is a BEAST in the making, and your wrestling friend Matt
Predator TC and his charming wife Alyssa (I have said, many times that I want to be Joe)
Rick, Bighunt (Tyler your freaking hilarious), Jodi even showed with her sister on Saturday
Our booth was Tim (with all the wiscoletters), my good friend Dan (who travels to most of these shows with me, Thanks Dan)
Klemz showed on Saturday, Jackson Marsh (Neil good talking with you), Andy on Friday (Big Daddy Yo Yo, the hand model in dan's F&S issue in 2013),
Mark Doring (Your the best, and his wife, was it Kathleen, my apologies if I messed that one).
I am going to stop there for now, just going off the top of my head and will add later. I will probably wake up tomorrow and remember the other 500 people that stopped by to say hello, and try to list them.
TGreeno, RutnStrut, Ozz, Matt, Greenhorn Dave and his daughter Maria, ..

Ernie and the Tethrd gang, Tim, Martin, and dang it on the other two.

The Chase Nation booth across the isle was totally entertaining. Those guys made an absolute party out of it, never saw a group have more fun, Sam, Dave, good meeting you, sorry that is all I remember.

The neighboring booths are always fun as you meet new people, Ryan at the Buck Chasers next to us, I did not meet Dan Small but I did meet his turkey commander (forget his name as that is all I remember-when someone drops that it sticks, all you Wisconsinites probably know his name), then we had the group next to them selling the shock therapy- thanks May. Dan and I each bought one and Tim made fun of us all Saturday night for purchasing pain relief electro therapy at a hunting show, but he will learn when he gets north of 50 (I'm only 50, I like to say that because October is coming fast).

The group across the isle was very cordial and put up with us clogging the isle most of the show - The Hip Stick - A shooting stick. These guys are show pros and we learned a lot from them, what a professional group.

The show promoter deserves a shout out as well. Hugh aka Big Mac. I have never been to a show more accommodating. Reasonable concession prices, no extra for power, tables, parking for vendors, WOW. Well Done Deer Fest.

I am forgetting a lot of people and I will try to add to the list. Tim, feel free to add to the list

Thanks everyone that stopped by, and if you are reading this and I did not mention you drop me some - hey what about me stuff- and jog my memory and I will apologize and tell you what color shirt you were wearing.

Great show and looking forward to the next Wisconsin Show. Likely Madison 2020
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:18 pm

I had an absolute great time at the show over the weekend.met lots of new and old faces. As lou mentioned there was alot of people that stopped by both booth's. It was cool how we were all in one area. Especially with the chase nation booth and dan small.
Really looking forward to the next show
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:01 am

Thanx again Lou!! Was wondering if you and Dan made it back okay to Deh trrroitt (Tried to spell it how my polish gramma used to say it, kinda roll the R's). Good to see you didn't get sidetrack somewhere in the UP. Thought I heard banjo music coming down from up that way one night!!! :mrgreen:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:20 am

What an absolute riot the show was. Friday was a little slow, but Saturday erupted with foot traffic and Sunday was pretty good, too, despite it being a Sunday and shorter show hours. Man was it nice getting to shoot the bull with everyone across the isle from us at the Beast Gear booth. Dan Small came and visited us and asks who's in charge. I introduced myself and told him I was a fan of his back when I was waist tall and he appreciated that. He went on to ask what it is we do with Chase Nation. I told him we're a sponsor-free unscripted TV show featuring hunts that take place on public land and small acre private. Dan asks, "So who pays for all of this? Who's paying these guys to be here?" The team chimed in with, "We're hear because we want to be here, we have outside jobs to pay the bills." He goes on to say, "You mean to tell me you guys create a show with no sponsor money coming in, pay for booth space at an expo show, and stock up on all that apparel inventory just for fun?" My wife then replied, "We just wanted to create a platform to share our experiences in the outdoors with others commercial-free." Dan looks at her for a long minute without saying a word, turns around and walks back to his booth across the isle shrugging his shoulders while muttering, "I dunno…" :lol: We didn't know how to take that, but it didn't take long after to get on to another topic. I still have love for Dan Small and Outdoor Wisconsin - RESPECT to an OG in our world.

Couple things... (1) Dan's climbing sticks aren't just light, they're featherlight. That prototype stand, it weighed 6lbs. That's barely twice the weight of my camera. (2) Between conversations with everyone at the Beast counter and Stealth Outdoors, it really was great talking with you gentleman. We'd be honored to neighbor with you if we find ourselves going to the same show again, sometime. Awesome weekend.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 am

Sam Ubl wrote:What an absolute riot the show was. Friday was a little slow, but Saturday erupted with foot traffic and Sunday was pretty good, too, despite it being a Sunday and shorter show hours. Man was it nice getting to shoot the bull with everyone across the isle from us at the Beast Gear booth. Dan Small came and visited us and asks who's in charge. I introduced myself and told him I was a fan of his back when I was waist tall and he appreciated that. He went on to ask what it is we do with Chase Nation. I told him we're a sponsor-free unscripted TV show featuring hunts that take place on public land and small acre private. Dan asks, "So who pays for all of this? Who's paying these guys to be here?" The team chimed in with, "We're hear because we want to be here, we have outside jobs to pay the bills." He goes on to say, "You mean to tell me you guys create a show with no sponsor money coming in, pay for booth space at an expo show, and stock up on all that apparel inventory just for fun?" My wife then replied, "We just wanted to create a platform to share our experiences in the outdoors with others commercial-free." Dan looks at her for a long minute without saying a word, turns around and walks back to his booth across the isle shrugging his shoulders while muttering, "I dunno…" :lol: We didn't know how to take that, but it didn't take long after to get on to another topic. I still have love for Dan Small and Outdoor Wisconsin - RESPECT to an OG in our world.

Couple things... (1) Dan's climbing sticks aren't just light, they're featherlight. That prototype stand, it weighed 6lbs. That's barely twice the weight of my camera. (2) Between conversations with everyone at the Beast counter and Stealth Outdoors, it really was great talking with you gentleman. We'd be honored to neighbor with you if we find ourselves going to the same show again, sometime. Awesome weekend.

Great times sam... dan small came over by me and said you know those guys, pointing at you, said they pay to do this? I told him most do. Just most of them lie about and make believe they are making. Money. There all in it for the passion. If your looking for money there are a lot better ways to make it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”