Why do YOU avoid Wisconsin??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Why do YOU avoid Wisconsin??

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:14 am

Pudster wrote:Chicago and Milwaukee are not bad at all to go thru if you time it right, we always try and go thru Chicago after midnight and before 6am, almost never a problem other than the tolls. I live an hour away from Milwaukee and I usually just avoid driving there during rush hours.

I commuted to downtown Milwaukee for 5 years and hit every hour of rush hour. If there isn’t an accident, the worst I’ve been delayed maybe was 20 minutes on a 35 minute drive. It really isn’t that bad. And it’s getting better as the freeways get redone. Too bad they had to kick that can down the road so long and put it off so long. Should be done with already but still got a couple years to go.

Chicago sucks but like you said, if you time it right, it’s not bad. If you aim to get to whatever public you are hunting in Wisconsin by 6am and drive through the night, you won’t hit any traffic that would be considered bad. Unless there is construction.

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:31 am

Chuck B wrote:Grass is always greener on the other side.

Regarding Spotted Cow, dang it why did you guys have to ruin it for me? I really like the beer but I didn’t know it was brewed by lefties. Have to find a new go-to now. (Besides white claw :D :lol: :shhh: )

Leinenkugel’s ;)
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Dewey wrote:

Regarding Spotted Cow, dang it why did you guys have to ruin it for me? I really like the beer but I didn’t know it was brewed by lefties. Have to find a new go-to now. (Besides white claw :D :lol: :shhh: )

Leinenkugel’s ;)

Sometimes it actually is ;)
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Dewey wrote:

Leinenkugel’s ;)

I do like Leinie’s. However, even they sold out to the big company. I think MillerCoors company bought them out years ago. Need to find a good smaller “local” beer for my go-to beer.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Chuck B wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Leinenkugel’s ;)

I do like Leinie’s. However, even they sold out to the big company. I think MillerCoors company bought them out years ago. Need to find a good smaller “local” beer for my go-to beer.

Central Waters out of Amherst makes great stuff.

Hinterland out of Green Bay is pretty good. Lions Tail out of Neenah is good. Eagle Park in Milwaukee is great.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:21 pm

burkhart wrote:
muddy wrote:Anywhere they think Spotted Cow is a legit beer I avoid like the plague.

Easy cowboy!!! :lol: even guys in Missouri like it :D

Lol. And the people who really love it are the folks from other parts of the world, be it India, Europe, UK, etc. They all love it.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
Paca

Unread postby Paca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:58 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
Chuck B wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Leinenkugel’s ;)

Hinterland out of Green Bay is pretty good. Lions Tail out of Neenah is good. Eagle Park in Milwaukee is great.

One of my parcels is near central waters. A few November’s ago we were going to Amherst a November morning for breakfast. A dandy 10 pointer trotted right through their brewery south over county a , over a that huge embarkment. Let me know when Ure around !
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Paca wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:
Chuck B wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Leinenkugel’s ;)

One of my parcels is near central waters. A few November’s ago we were going to Amherst a November morning for breakfast. A dandy 10 pointer trotted right through their brewery south over county a , over a that huge embarkment. Let me know when Ure around !

Cool! I anticipate being up that way a few times... Not sure when, but I'll ping you! Thanks.
----------
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:41 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
Chuck B wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Leinenkugel’s ;)

Thank you. It looks like I have a homework project :P
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”