What is the one tactic that leads to success

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tundra@1

Re: What is the one tactic that leads to success

Unread postby tundra@1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:31 am

If I had to nail it down, I would have to say for me, was the day I realized, when I find hot sign, I hunt it, RIGHT NOW. I do not worry about the wind, conditions, or the man in the moon, at that time. I take my best guess on a set up, and SET UP. In my early years, I would go back to the truck, get my stuff, hang the stand etc. Than I realized, for a good buck, you have now put down more scent, and trashed the area even more. So when I go out to hunt, my system is with me, and I am always ready to go........ However my best buck a 152, I shot at 10 steps in a blow down, sitting on the ground..........

Also I have always believed, its not so much how you hunt, but where you hunt......................

As far as the UP big woods area, I like to follow and be in drainages, for the most part, there are exceptions, but very few......

Most of my hunting is in swamps, if I am not getting wet, I am in the wrong area....... I also have my wife drop me off at a lot of spots, and take advantage, of those who will park their trucks in the available space or lots, and use the wind wrong to blow deer out, to spots I hope to be in.....

This will be my 2nd year, in Hill country, big learning curve for me. However not killing one last year in Vernon County, because of some of the brutes I did see, but did not get,,,,,,,,,,, Toughest place I ever hunted

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”