Breaking down a 24 hour period in a buck/deer's life

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buck56

Breaking down a 24 hour period in a buck/deer's life

Unread postby Buck56 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:27 am

this might be elementary to alot, but would like to kind of see what a bucks day looks like. for the longest time i thought the morning movement was good because it was due to deer sleeping all night ad getting up moving around feeding, and if i didnt see something it was becuase they were just moving somewhere else. would yall mind giving an idea of waht you think a buck and if different a does day looks like lets say first part of november. below is what im kind of looking for

3-5 pm bedded down
5-9pm traveling to and/or feeding
9-11 pm bedded down ect ect for a full 24 hour cycle. i know it wont be exact, but im tyring to get an idea of what a deer is doing so i can learn to hunt him better

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Re: Breaking down a 24 hour period in a buck/deer's life

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am

May want to give google a try for that. It also depends a lot on where the deer are...areas with human presence or no human presence.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
sdonx

Unread postby sdonx » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:53 am

There's a thread on here that shows a buck with a gps collar locations for a longtime.
Bogle

Unread postby Bogle » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 pm

I dont think its that cut and dry. In addition, I think the rut changes things up as well. Generally speaking I would say that they are bedded for much of the day and up feeding much of the night. However, they do get up and feed during the day some and lay down at night as well.
Quest1001

Unread postby Quest1001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Before I knew about rut beds I bumped a buck on the way out to a stationary stand in a wind row at about 6am. The next morning I took a different route in, the buck I believe I had bumped walked along the wind row in front of me around 9am towards a doe bedding area. Dans info has really helped me understand what and why this buck was moving.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”