What is your preference?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

What is your preference?

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Good afternoon all! It’s been a looooooong time since I posted! Life has taken me by the horns so to speak. Come July 11th I will have a little have a 1 year old doe ;) so the internet has taken a back seat. I left my desk job to become an electrician to improve the future of my little yearling. Lol

Now that the update is over. One thing that I have been pondering for months is what’s the best state for public land hunting. I have called environmental management in many states and they aren’t very helpful as far as giving advice on deer heard. So I was wondering if anyone could lead me in a good direction as far as how plentiful deer are in an are. I want to take my cousin out who just started hunting and I want to give him good examples of how deer travel. Rhode Island doesn’t have a very good deer heard lol. Not much teaching material

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: What is your preference?

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:28 pm

A GOOD STATE. or good public is in the eyes of the beholder and would be determined by what "your" idea of good is....
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Every state has good and bad things about it. Just depends on what you are looking for specifically. Size, numbers, amount of public, amount of pressure, terrain, etc.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think Wisconsin is awesome for deer hunting but the next guy might hate it and only hunt out of state
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:16 pm

I’m looking for numbers. It’s more of a learning experience. I want him to see deer. Does or bucks. I want him to see how they move where they move to. The terrain they travel. Etc. I feel watching deer in their natural habitat undisturbed is the best way to learn.
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:22 am

Are you looking for a certain type of terrain?
How far are you willing to drive?
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 am

Where are you located? What are you willing to pay for an out of state tag?
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:52 am

Jrichard wrote:Good afternoon all! It’s been a looooooong time since I posted! Life has taken me by the horns so to speak. Come July 11th I will have a little have a 1 year old doe ;) so the internet has taken a back seat. I left my desk job to become an electrician to improve the future of my little yearling. Lol

Now that the update is over. One thing that I have been pondering for months is what’s the best state for public land hunting. I have called environmental management in many states and they aren’t very helpful as far as giving advice on deer heard. So I was wondering if anyone could lead me in a good direction as far as how plentiful deer are in an are. I want to take my cousin out who just started hunting and I want to give him good examples of how deer travel. Rhode Island doesn’t have a very good deer heard lol. Not much teaching material

I would start with your goals. Take some time and sit down and figure out what success means to you! Think about what you want your season to look like when you look back on it come the end of february. Have fun with this and enjoy the journey! When all this falls in place you have found success!
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”