video camera

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kansasbowhunter91

video camera

Unread postby kansasbowhunter91 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Id like to know what camcorder you guys that video your hunts are using i have a 4k actitop 48.0 megapixel cheap camera and was thinking about upgrading.

Putt4Doe

Re: video camera

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Really depends on what you’re looking to do with it.

- Manual focus is a MUST
- I like having the ability to use a LANC controller, which allows me to power on, start/stop recording, zoom, and focus all with my thumb. Less movement and critical when the “time” comes!

The Sony ax53 and ax700 are awesome cameras and have pretty good low light performance. Unfortunately the ax700 is expensive, as is the ax100 that it replaced.

The canon g30 is a good camera, and you can find them on canons website refurbished for under $500. I’ve purchased 5 or 6 for different guys from there and they are absolute flawless, and come with a warranty. Really hard to beat!
Putt4Doe

Re: video camera

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:29 pm

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/cata ... efurbished

Keep an eye on these. They run 35 and 40% off sales pretty regularly on the site, normally around any holiday weekend. If available, pounce! You can also find them on eBay and various classified sections around the web.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”