What do you wish someone told you when you were 17

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Scratchman

Re: What do you wish someone told you when you were 17

Unread postby Scratchman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 pm

Divergent wrote:
Lockdown wrote:I wish someone would have told me to come up with my own formula for success. To educate myself as best as I can, but use that info as a starting point. And also that becoming good at anything is a marathon, not a sprint. Lastly, no matter how right you think you are, always keep and open mind.

I couldn’t have said it any better. Be mindful of what more experienced hunters say, but develope your own theories and grow in your knowledge from the woods instead of basing it off of others experiences. The end result is the same, just blaze your own path.

1. Be a new hunter 2. Learn from others 3. Get experience with success 4. use that experience to get better, while forgetting how other people told you how to do it 5. Develop a style that is completely unique to you and your situation. I feel like many people get stuck between 2 and 3.

"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”