WORLD RECORD TYPICAL!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BrennanNTX

WORLD RECORD TYPICAL!!!

Unread postby BrennanNTX » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Sorry for the click bait title, but I wanted to reach as many members as possible. I’ve hunted in Leflore County Oklahoma for most of my life. On the way there I pass through Antlers, Oklahoma. There is a Choctaw Travel Plaza there that has a full body mount of a deer (I’ll attach pics below). This deer is a typical 12 point that I believe easily goes over 200” and might even beat the all time world record Hanson buck. There is no plaque or information listed about the history of this deer. I’m unsure if the antlers are real or a mold. I’m a huge deer nerd like most of you I’m sure, but this set of antlers does not look familiar from any record books I’ve seen. Maybe they were sheds found, a road kill, or a mold of a deer I don’t recognize. I just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone knew anything about this buck.

DD9072F0-C40A-4711-AA40-A39BA9D475E7.jpeg
F1131580-7992-4B4D-9DE7-EF247F675F4C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jackson Marsh

Re: WORLD RECORD TYPICAL!!!

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:59 pm

I'd guess it's a replica of the Hansen buck....looks similar to me.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Not a Hanson replica. :think:

The Hanson buck IMO is still bigger than the buck above.

MiloHanson.jpg

Maybe it was one of Marc Anthony's creations. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoshuaD

Unread postby JoshuaD » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Now imagine bringing that home to the misses
The more I get to know people the more I start to like dogs.
BrennanNTX

Unread postby BrennanNTX » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:10 am

I’m about 99% sure it’s not a Hanson replica because the G2s are longer than the G3’s and some other slight differences. It may not be as big as the Hanson buck but it definitely would give it a run for its money.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am

Doubt it's real. If it were real it would have been all over the news.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:56 am

They look familiar, I'm a guessing they made the internet rounds. I'll screenshot it and text around
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:21 am

I have no idea about that buck but my guess is a replica.

Speaking of the Hanson buck; last summer I took my family on a “tour” (which is just a 2-3 mile walking path) that starts where the buck was first seen, where it was first shot at, and ultimately where they found the buck (the 1st and 2nd time). It’s just outside of Danbury, WI (NW WI). If any of you Wisconsinites or Eastern MN guys find yourself in the area, I recommend taking a look. Just cool to see the history first hand.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 am

That Hansen buck is stunning. Looks like a walking tree.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:08 am

Chuck B wrote:I have no idea about that buck but my guess is a replica.

Speaking of the Hanson buck; last summer I took my family on a “tour” (which is just a 2-3 mile walking path) that starts where the buck was first seen, where it was first shot at, and ultimately where they found the buck (the 1st and 2nd time). It’s just outside of Danbury, WI (NW WI). If any of you Wisconsinites or Eastern MN guys find yourself in the area, I recommend taking a look. Just cool to see the history first hand.

I just did a quick search and it looks like the Hanson deer was in Saskatchewan, not WI?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:12 am

Your talking about the Jordan buck. Hanson’s buck was shot in Biggar Saskatchewan.
BrennanNTX

Unread postby BrennanNTX » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:19 am

That’s funny you mentioned that, I do believe you’re referring to the Jordan Buck out of Danbury WI. I just read up on that buck last night. If you google search the Jordan Buck, Legendary Whitetails has a good article about it as well as some of the other giants killed throughout history.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:41 am

Kansas King. That's a crappy mount and I'd guess those are replicas.

BrennanNTX

Unread postby BrennanNTX » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:59 am

muddy wrote:Kansas King. That's a crappy mount and I'd guess those are replicas.

That’s definitely the antlers. Strange they are in a gas station in Oklahoma, even being a replica. The city of Antlers OK claims to be the deer hunting capital of the world. Deer hunting is big in that part of OK and a lot of big deer have come out of Pushmataha County. I was just hoping that deer was from that area and had some cool back story, but obviously that’s not the case. However, the article says the antlers score 217 0/8”. It does not specify if that is gross or net though. So I guess my suspicions were right that that deer could have possibly took down the Hanson buck.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 am

BrennanNTX wrote:
muddy wrote:Kansas King. That's a crappy mount and I'd guess those are replicas.

That’s definitely the antlers. Strange they are in a gas station in Oklahoma, even being a replica. The city of Antlers OK claims to be the deer hunting capital of the world. Deer hunting is big in that part of OK and a lot of big deer have come out of Pushmataha County. I was just hoping that deer was from that area and had some cool back story, but obviously that’s not the case. However, the article says the antlers score 217 0/8”. It does not specify if that is gross or net though. So I guess my suspicions were right that that deer could have possibly took down the Hanson buck.

Kansas King was only sheds, no one ever killed it. The score is based off speculation on the spread, but still an absolute whopper. The year before it went 201 based off sheds as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”