Deer farm freaks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Deer farm freaks

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am

Just came in after taking the dog through an area that was a wee bit soggy. There was some stuff I wanted to check out despite not being able to hunt the area. Here's a waist-high rub with the boy next to it. FWIW, he's 31 inches at the shoulder.
20190505_171802.jpg

Flipped on the old boob tube and found this deer TV show, Keith Warren or something at a genetic deer farm in Texas. What a freak show. This is a 1-year-old.

Must be big business. Not for anyone on the Beast, but this is just wacky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
llcooljames

Re: Deer farm freaks

Unread postby llcooljames » Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 am

Those dear just dont trip my trigger
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

llcooljames wrote:Those dear just dont trip my trigger

I agree. A rack like that *should* trip the trigger abd would in the wild. But on a farm? A turn-off for me.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
beartruth2

Unread postby beartruth2 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Deer farming is big business here in texas not for me but people pay big $$$ at these ranches.
walking river

Unread postby walking river » Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 am

Those genetically manipulated and farm bred bucks remind me of the "hot" chick who has implants and lip injections...doesn't look right and there is something really wrong below the surface.
I can't stand this indecision married with a lack of vision...
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue May 07, 2019 5:37 am

walking river wrote:Those genetically manipulated and farm bred bucks remind me of the "hot" chick who has implants and lip injections...doesn't look right and there is something really wrong below the surface.

Amen to that.

They're really kinda more creepy than impressive.
----------
Pse

Unread postby Pse » Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 am

There must be a significant number of people willing to pay to shoot deer like that to keep all the high fence operations in business
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue May 07, 2019 6:18 am

They could offer me a free hunt to kill one of those fenced in freaks and I would decline. I have no desire to kill one like that.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:21 am

I'll take 130 inch public land buck any day of the week and twice on Sunday's...

Not for me!
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 am

What the heck is it going to turn into in a few years? A 600 inch mutant?
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue May 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Dpierce72 wrote:I'll take 130 inch public land buck any day of the week and twice on Sunday's...

Not for me!

X2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Wed May 08, 2019 12:15 am

Pse wrote:There must be a significant number of people willing to pay to shoot deer like that to keep all the high fence operations in business

There really doesnt have to be a significant number of people. Say one of these things started out at 10,000$ to kill(not hunt), theyd only need to have 10 of these to make 100,000$ off of just the killing of the animal. Add in the other "fees" and costs of those traveling to the "game ranch" and staying there 2,000 for the trophy buck hunts i mean, it doesnt take many customers to make this a lucrative venture...... you can see why this gets the kind of attention it does on these "outdoors" channels.
Personally, i feel that these kind of ranches my not have caused the spread of deer disease, they certianly aided it.... the first documented cases of cwd in my state were from deer farms and hunting ranches......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Pse

Unread postby Pse » Wed May 08, 2019 3:29 am

I think a good percentage would be cooperative/ business clients from what I've been told by someone running a high fence operation down in south Texas, apparently they fly people in for the day and they shoot a buck . When the oil prices are high they do very well. Here in the uk high fence deer are called park deer , there's no shortage of people wanting to shoot them. People want a impressive rack and aren't to fussed how its shot ,
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:01 am

thepennsylvanian wrote:
Pse wrote:There must be a significant number of people willing to pay to shoot deer like that to keep all the high fence operations in business

There really doesnt have to be a significant number of people. Say one of these things started out at 10,000$ to kill(not hunt), theyd only need to have 10 of these to make 100,000$ off of just the killing of the animal. Add in the other "fees" and costs of those traveling to the "game ranch" and staying there 2,000 for the trophy buck hunts i mean, it doesnt take many customers to make this a lucrative venture...... you can see why this gets the kind of attention it does on these "outdoors" channels.
Personally, i feel that these kind of ranches my not have caused the spread of deer disease, they certianly aided it.... the first documented cases of cwd in my state were from deer farms and hunting ranches......

how would you know what size buck your shooting? i.e. a 140 instead of a 150...

is there someone in your stand giving you the green light to shoot? if so that's even more pathetic.
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
rff

Unread postby rff » Wed May 08, 2019 4:03 am

I honestly feel bad for these animals. They are being bred and modified genetically in a way mother nature did not intend.

No thank you.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”