The signs are there but the beds ain't

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Derril Glen
Facebook: Derril Glen Blanchard

The signs are there but the beds ain't

Unread postby Derril Glen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:49 pm

I found a place when I was scouting that was in hill country on a point and was thick on the point but not to thick. It had signs leading up to the point. The trail was beat down like its had alot of activity and the tracks were from a large deer. There was even a rub from the past season at the beginning where it started to get thick but I looked all in it and couldn't find a bed nowhere with the sign that's there its screaming buck bed but I cant find one there and a buck has no other reason to go there besides bedding. Has anybody else ever ran across something like this but my plan is to keep it on the back burner and hunt it as a bed but I just hate not knowing exactly where it is

Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows, and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Genesis 27:3
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: The signs are there but the beds ain't

Unread postby dan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Good chance that its a bedding area and the bucks bed moves frequently around the point making it hard to see.
Derril Glen
Facebook: Derril Glen Blanchard

Unread postby Derril Glen » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 am

dan wrote:Good chance that its a bedding area and the bucks bed moves frequently around the point making it hard to see.

That's what I just heard you say on your hill country DVD lol I can literally watch it over and over and pick up something new and learn something every time I watch it. Now let me ask you this. Once you find a bedding area do you ever go back there to hang a camera or anything. I found it while I was Turkey hunting so I didn't have my cameras with me. I know its spring but I don't want to intrude to much and make him pack up and leave.
Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows, and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Genesis 27:3
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 am

Derril Glen wrote:
dan wrote:Good chance that its a bedding area and the bucks bed moves frequently around the point making it hard to see.

That's what I just heard you say on your hill country DVD lol I can literally watch it over and over and pick up something new and learn something every time I watch it. Now let me ask you this. Once you find a bedding area do you ever go back there to hang a camera or anything. I found it while I was Turkey hunting so I didn't have my cameras with me. I know its spring but I don't want to intrude to much and make him pack up and leave.

Usually I get tree opr trees picked out and then I stay out and monitor from a distance because intrusions on bedding areas are not taken lightly by bucks...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”