I won the lottery...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DhD
500 Club

Re: I won the lottery...

Unread postby DhD » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:16 pm

I would definitely buy myself a nice home base property with a fishing lake. After that a truck and boat/camper. Then just spend the entire fall traveling and hunting, the rest of the time traveling and fishing. More that anything I would love the freedom that comes with not worrying about money.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm

First thing I'd do is move out of my home state :lol:

I'd definitely buy a few large tracts of land and grow some slobs. Probably have to pick some up in multiple states. That said, I love the public game so much I could never give it up. Most likely I'd set up some youth and military vets on my land and let them have at it. That would be as fun as anything! I'd like to be around to help them be successful, but undoubtedly I'd hire family and friends to help them when I'm chasing game elsewhere.

I'd be researching the trophy zones for all big game animals and spend boat loads on applications and preference points every year. Then when the fruit was ripe for the picking I'd go have myself a time on public with my once or twice in a life time tag. Rocky mountain elk, bighorn sheep, grizzlies, you name it. And I'd definitely seek some world class fishing. Make it fun and bring some friends/family and pay for their trips. Head to Alaska and catch some kings during the salmon run, then go visit my sister in WA and catch some hog walleyes on the Columbia River.

I would also head to Texas and kill pigs from a chopper at some point. I mean, if money is no object how can you not?
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Lockdown wrote:First thing I'd do is move out of my home state :lol:

I'd definitely buy a few large tracts of land and grow some slobs. Probably have to pick some up in multiple states. That said, I love the public game so much I could never give it up. Most likely I'd set up some youth and military vets on my land and let them have at it. That would be as fun as anything! I'd like to be around to help them be successful, but undoubtedly I'd hire family and friends to help them when I'm chasing game elsewhere.

I'd be researching the trophy zones for all big game animals and spend boat loads on applications and preference points every year. Then when the fruit was ripe for the picking I'd go have myself a time on public with my once or twice in a life time tag. Rocky mountain elk, bighorn sheep, grizzlies, you name it. And I'd definitely seek some world class fishing. Make it fun and bring some friends/family and pay for their trips. Head to Alaska and catch some kings during the salmon run, then go visit my sister in WA and catch some hog walleyes on the Columbia River.

I would also head to Texas and kill pigs from a chopper at some point. I mean, if money is no object how can you not?

Bringing friends/family along and paying for everything would definitely be a highlight for me.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:41 pm

I'd have camps everywhere. Buy up as much land as I could, manage some of it for personal/family use and leave some open for public access. Also, I'd drink more beer and watch more hockey...
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Tufrthnails wrote:Oh the what if rabbit hole.....my wife loves this game. Life would change for sure. I can tell you for sure I would have the nicest processing setup known to man. Which caught my wife off guard the last time we planned this game. She was sure I would pay someone to process my animals, but she truely doesn't understand how much I enjoy the processing part as well as the hunting part. I'd have full time sherpas. Truthfully I do not enjoy the extracting part. Yes it's part of the game, but if I could eliminate one part with my pocketbook it would be dragging or packing the kill out!!!!!

Now that is an excellent point... getting a buck drug out from the middle of nowhere is a royal pain.
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Post by muddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm

I'd have a square mile here in Iowa and that's all I'd need.

Yeah, that would be a prime consideration for me!
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:01 am

Post by elk yinzer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm

I might buy land, not sure. In some ways I feel I was just born to be public land hunter.

Great point... that much money could really change a person if you let it.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:45 am

I don’t play the lottery so it really wouldn’t matter. :think:

If I did play the lottery and won I would just be retiring earlier than planned and have unlimited time to hunt and fish all over the country. Probably have a bunch of really nice base camps in strategic areas to stay at. One thing for sure I wouldn’t try to buy a big buck. I would hunt them the hard way as I have always before.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:50 am

I'm not a lotto player but I think it would be fun to buy a massive property and set it up for others to have a hunt of a lifetime. Give an average joe a chance to hunt a well managed trophy property in a great state. It would be a blast to help a guy kill his biggest buck ever.

Fun to think about.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:03 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I'm not a lotto player but I think it would be fun to buy a massive property and set it up for others to have a hunt of a lifetime. Give an average joe a chance to hunt a well managed trophy property in a great state. It would be a blast to help a guy kill his biggest buck ever.

Fun to think about.

That is a cool idea.

If I win the lotto, I’ll fund it and sign you up to partner on that. 8-)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:I'm not a lotto player but I think it would be fun to buy a massive property and set it up for others to have a hunt of a lifetime. Give an average joe a chance to hunt a well managed trophy property in a great state. It would be a blast to help a guy kill his biggest buck ever.

Fun to think about.

That is a cool idea.

If I win the lotto, I’ll fund it and sign you up to partner on that. 8-)

I don’t play the lotto either but I could qualify as an average Joe :lol:
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:43 am

With so many sleepless nights in my life I've actually fantasized quite a bit about this. I would buy up all of the land around where I grew up, so about 2 sq.mi. here in Wisconsin. Farm, I mean manage it for mature whitetail bucks, turkeys, etc. Then hire someone to help volunteers take sick kids and Vets or other folks with disabilities, on hunts. Whether it's a hunt of a lifetime for a big mature buck, or antlerless hunt for meat in the freezer. Maybe even raise some organic stock and veggies. And include processing facilities to handle all of this.

I would by enough land for a cabin in multiple states across the country, especially Montana. Then hunt every species I could draw a tag for on public lands. Do some hunts in Alaska and Canada. Maybe even go to Africa! But also go to states that are not considered go to deer states. Just to see what it's like and for the adventure. And pay my family and friends way so I'd have company on these adventures!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:46 am

Build a bunker stock it with food and trauma gear to save people war is coming. Far left bringing in their armies from south of the border to wipe us out destroy our morals values and freedoms.

Donate to St Jude children cancer research and live a simple life. Buy a lifetime sportsman license for 1980 dollers.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:59 am

Upgrade the f150, get an ice castle, maybe a side by side, and go hunting. The best perk would be just being able to hunt for 3-4 months straight. I’d hunt public, it’s all about the adventure.
Persistence is undefeated.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 am

I buy a good top of the line bow( because ive never onwed one) buy dans complete stand stick setup. buy some good ground in the good states in good areas, have a small type tractor on each place with a building. Then i have a good new truck and a nice camper with a solid fishing/ duck boat. Start deer and duck huntin up north and make my way down south till seasons are done! And of course have lots of other nice things 8-)
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”