Q & A - Flinginairos

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

oldrank

Re: Q & A - Flinginairos

Unread postby oldrank » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Very good write up. Thank you. I enjoyed it.

Forkhorn

Unread postby Forkhorn » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Really enjoyed the read Flinginairos, great job!!! Very impressive buck lineup to top it off!! :clap:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:52 pm

8-)
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 am

flinginairos wrote:
tgreeno wrote:Great write-up, and thanks for sharing! I love seeing all the old picture, when everyone was younger!

Hunting zero Ag, what do you feel are your best mature buck food sources besides acorns? And what times of year, do you see the bucks using them?

Great question. The areas I hunt have all seen recent logging and that browse is used heavily. I couldn’t tell you what all they eat or prefer in those cuts, that is something I need to get better about identifying! Those areas are really attractive early season and even into the late season. Those areas are thick enough now to give good cover and food at the same time so that’s where I am finding most of the nicer bucks.

I know deer love clearcuts that are a few years old. Great browse & cover for them. Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Upatreeinwv

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:00 pm

You hunting old coastal timber pieces flinginairo? Poplar, maple, dogwood trees all seem to be preferred species. But I’m sure flinginarrows can tell you these Wv deer can eat one thing one day and move hillsides the next. That’s where the mobile strategy comes into play :D .
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:08 am

:clap: :clap: Awesome man! Congrats and great pics
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:44 am

flinginairos wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the opportunity to talk a little about the subject I love most. DEER! :lol: This forum has been so valuable to me and reading everyone else’s Q&A threads has been awesome. To even be considered for my own Q&A is crazy to me, as I still consider myself a rookie at this with a lot left to learn. I’ll post pics shortly of some of my bucks over the years so hang tight! 8-)

Fling - do you have any videos of you using a saddle? I still don't know anything about them, i'm a climber guy. But i keep reading more and more of you guys switching to them and loving them. What kind do you use?

PS. I found a friggin sweet point a couple weeks ago that is over a mile back. Bedding all over it. My set up is going to be just like that video you made last year. I really think they're gonna drop right down to me at dark. Up above them is just a thick clear cut 2nd growth timber ridge. No mature oaks above, they're all below the crest line of the ridge where it was too steep to log out. I was thinking of you when i scouted it. thigh high rubs and worn beds. Going to access it from straight up this creek bottom like you did. Man, i can't wait!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
funderburk
500 Club

Unread postby funderburk » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm

The dude is a killer.

Thanks for always making yourself available to answer questions and share some wisdom! Here’s to a great 2019!
“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
parkersdad

Unread postby parkersdad » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:04 am

Your hunting style seems to be about the same as mine. I look for bedding and food but not a specific buck. My hunting area has no agriculture. It is also illegal to shine in my area.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:23 pm

rfickes87 wrote:
flinginairos wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the opportunity to talk a little about the subject I love most. DEER! :lol: This forum has been so valuable to me and reading everyone else’s Q&A threads has been awesome. To even be considered for my own Q&A is crazy to me, as I still consider myself a rookie at this with a lot left to learn. I’ll post pics shortly of some of my bucks over the years so hang tight! 8-)

Fling - do you have any videos of you using a saddle? I still don't know anything about them, i'm a climber guy. But i keep reading more and more of you guys switching to them and loving them. What kind do you use?

PS. I found a friggin sweet point a couple weeks ago that is over a mile back. Bedding all over it. My set up is going to be just like that video you made last year. I really think they're gonna drop right down to me at dark. Up above them is just a thick clear cut 2nd growth timber ridge. No mature oaks above, they're all below the crest line of the ridge where it was too steep to log out. I was thinking of you when i scouted it. thigh high rubs and worn beds. Going to access it from straight up this creek bottom like you did. Man, i can't wait!

Man that sounds like an awesome spot!! Good luck with it this fall! If you go to my youtube here, you'll find some saddle related stuff and several hunts from this past fall! If you ever have any questions about it shoot me a message! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVSdvm ... subscriber
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:55 am

8-) :text-thankyouyellow:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
SplitG2

Unread postby SplitG2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Good write up Flinginairos. Can't swear to it but I think you told me once in the past that you hunted Ohio as well and not far from me at all so I can relate and learn from your tactics.
Hunt Hard or Go Home

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”