stacking bedding areas

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GreatWhiteOak

stacking bedding areas

Unread postby GreatWhiteOak » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:20 pm

I was listening to a pod cast tonight with Dan and he was talking about hunting a piece of property down 10 acres at a time while chasing a buck till he pushed it to the last 10 acres and killed the buck on the last sit on the piece of ground. So in a sense you have a 100 acres where a certain buck is living over ten sits you now hunted the piece and pushed him around leaving your scent where you already hunted so he wont go back there then on to the next 10 and so forth. Now I know some bucks might not get pushed out of a bedding area so easily or worst case run to the next county but that was the example he had given. For someone like me who only gets one day to hunt a week until I take vacation time the idea of doing this is great but instead of hunting the same 100 acres in 10 acre sections why not just go in and force him out of an area during the week and set it up to kill him on the day you or I can get in there to hunt. Just a thought I had don't know if anyone else will agree with me thought id put it out there and see what the feed back is. :think:

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: stacking bedding areas

Unread postby dan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:28 am

Some properties breaking it down 10 acres at a time works, some it don't. And some guys don't have the hunting time to do that. I have also spoken publicly about a spot where there is an Island in a marsh that gets better after pheasant season and duck season go into effect and I can basically mimic that by walking the transition edge that has a lot of mediocre bedding that would take me forever to hunt a couple of days in a row then waiting a day and hunting the island... Search stacking on this site and you should find some real good old posts about the subject. If you do bump them for everyone to see...
GreatWhiteOak

Re: stacking bedding areas

Unread postby GreatWhiteOak » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:44 am

dan wrote:Some properties breaking it down 10 acres at a time works, some it don't. And some guys don't have the hunting time to do that. I have also spoken publicly about a spot where there is an Island in a marsh that gets better after pheasant season and duck season go into effect and I can basically mimic that by walking the transition edge that has a lot of mediocre bedding that would take me forever to hunt a couple of days in a row then waiting a day and hunting the island... Search stacking on this site and you should find some real good old posts about the subject. If you do bump them for everyone to see...

Will do Dan thanks. Sometimes I think I'm over thinking things and making it whole lot harder that what it has to be. Not saying it's easy but just making things more complicated.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”