Breaking all the Rules

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Noreast10pt
500 Club

Re: Breaking all the Rules

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
I get the bug to try stupid stuff annually it seems. Two summers ago it was catch a 40# plus catfish on one of those kids snoopy rods. Took me most of the summer and I probably broke 15 of those rods. But I did it, not for a bet or to show anyone else, just to prove to myself I could do it.

This reminded me of one time I was slamming the bluefish so I decided to see if I could land one with one of those kids Walmart poles.

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

Noreast10pt wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
I get the bug to try stupid stuff annually it seems. Two summers ago it was catch a 40# plus catfish on one of those kids snoopy rods. Took me most of the summer and I probably broke 15 of those rods. But I did it, not for a bet or to show anyone else, just to prove to myself I could do it.

This reminded me of one time I was slamming the bluefish so I decided to see if I could land one with one of those kids Walmart poles.

:lol: :lol:

I wish I could find some of my kiddy pole fish catch pictures!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 am

You know since this thread was brought back to life again..... hey boogie, how about a preview picture of you in the chicken suit :lol: :lol:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 pm

No pics yet, I don't wanna educate em lol. Did pick me out a good spot to deploy the chicken suit early season. Time will tell but should be a good time none the less. Just hope it's not raining, don't like my feathers getting wet :D
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:58 pm

In for the shenanigans.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

All joking aside I have no doubt you can pull this off and I can't wait to see how it plays out. This thread is too in depth for you to back out now lol.

I don't doubt at all if its all caught on video and edited in a fun/respectable fashion that it would go viral. Just make sure you video yourself blood trailing in the chicken suit just like the chicken in Dewey's video :lol: ANALYZE THE GRASS. The icing on the cake would be a buck kill recovery when you finally see him. "buck... buck... buck Buck BUCK!! BUUCKOOOCKKK!"
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Sounds awesome Boogie !!!!
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 am

I do it all the time. If it's a good spot, approach, wind. During the rut, why not?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 am

Lockdown wrote:All joking aside I have no doubt you can pull this off and I can't wait to see how it plays out. This thread is too in depth for you to back out now lol.

I don't doubt at all if its all caught on video and edited in a fun/respectable fashion that it would go viral. Just make sure you video yourself blood trailing in the chicken suit just like the chicken in Dewey's video :lol: ANALYZE THE GRASS. The icing on the cake would be a buck kill recovery when you finally see him. "buck... buck... buck Buck BUCK!! BUUCKOOOCKKK!"

Thanks for the faith. I have a lot of doubt wether I can pull this chicken suit off or not. I'm pretty confident I can get one in my range, but sometimes it's hard enough to get one the good ole fashioned way. Do think it would be memorable if I can do it and I would look back years later and laugh.

Facts are I know what I got to play with in my woods and the chances of me every killing a true giant are slim to none. Struggled with that fact some years back. But now it's about making the most at what I do have available and having fun doing it. I'm sure a lot will look at the chicken suit as this guy is a idiot and possibly so! But maybe there's a group of young guys out there who possibly were introduced to hunting in a way that was just to serious and stressful. Maybe a knucklehead in a chicken suit will re spark a flame and show that good times and memories is what it's all about. Nothing wrong with taking it serious, about mid season I buckle down and put my game face on. But for this it doesn't matter if I fail or not. Even if I get busted I'm sure the look on the deers face when spotting the giant chicken will be priceless and Im game!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:32 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:All joking aside I have no doubt you can pull this off and I can't wait to see how it plays out. This thread is too in depth for you to back out now lol.

Thanks for the faith. I have a lot of doubt wether I can pull this chicken suit off or not. I'm pretty confident I can get one in my range, but sometimes it's hard enough to get one the good ole fashioned way. Do think it would be memorable if I can do it and I would look back years later and laugh.

Facts are I know what I got to play with in my woods and the chances of me every killing a true giant are slim to none. Struggled with that fact some years back. But now it's about making the most at what I do have available and having fun doing it. I'm sure a lot will look at the chicken suit as this guy is a idiot and possibly so! But maybe there's a group of young guys out there who possibly were introduced to hunting in a way that was just to serious and stressful. Maybe a knucklehead in a chicken suit will re spark a flame and show that good times and memories is what it's all about. Nothing wrong with taking it serious, about mid season I buckle down and put my game face on. But for this it doesn't matter if I fail or not. Even if I get busted I'm sure the look on the deers face when spotting the giant chicken will be priceless and Im game!

Be careful. Years back a local bowhunter got shot in the tree because some bonehead thought he was a turkey. :? Hate to see what would happen if you actually look like a bird. :o

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”