Ameristep Problems

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Longbowwally

Ameristep Problems

Unread postby Longbowwally » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 am

Just thought I'd let everyone know of my experience with Ameristep...

Got a Doghouse blind for Christmas. Opened it yesterday for the first time to practice with it for turkey season. Realized it was missing the 2 poles needed to support the blind. They were not in the blind packaging.

Called Ameristep customer support and to say the least they were not helpful at all. They required a receipt which I do not have as it was a gift. Very corporate in their responses and not at all interested in working with me on this.

Does anyone know someone with Ameristep I could contact to try and resolve this issue? Unfortunately their 'normal' customer service folks are not very service oriented. Thanks!

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: Ameristep Problems

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:57 am

sounds like the problems i have with bushnell products :doh:
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm

I often joke with customers when they notice I am bending over backwards for them, I say my business is not big enough to treat you like crap yet. Then we both laugh.

The moral of the story is, that is the way of big business. They are owned by some conglomerate somewhere and import all there stuff, hire a bunch of hourly employees that don't care about your situation, many in customer service don't even hunt.

I am very sorry to hear your problem, but you just have to remember what happened to you and vote with your wallet in the future. Don't support where you did not get good service, good product, or good quality.

Also, I got some very bad customer service the other night at Verizon, I just called back the next morning and the next rep completely solved my issue. So call again, give them another chance or two. Then if you don't get satisfaction, Cut ties.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Strange....I was able to get some replacement rods several years ago, no questions asked. Maybe things have changed.
Longbowwally

Unread postby Longbowwally » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:33 am

I ended up calling back yesterday afternoon and talked to a different rep. They said the same thing about needing a receipt but also stated one of their dealers had replacement poles for $7.50 if I was interested. I told them the $7.50 is not an issue to me as far as not having it but it goes against the principal of the situation. i.e. a new blind missing parts and they expect me to pay for parts that should have been in the package. The rep said they could have their manager call me to discuss and I agreed. Will see what happens when they call....

I will order the poles if necessary but I just don't feel that is right....

I'm not real tolerant of bad customer service as it seems like there is more and more of that.....But, at the end of the day this is just another bump in the road and I will move on once I have exhausted my avenues of correcting the situation....

Thanks for everyones comments...
Longbowwally

Re: Ameristep Problems UPDATE

Unread postby Longbowwally » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 am

Eating crow - "means humiliation by admitting having been proven wrong after taking a strong position."

When I've been wronged I don't mind putting forth the energy to have it made right - in the same breath when I've been done right I strongly believe in praise.

Today I received a new Dog House blind(complete with poles lol) from Plano Synergy - a company that owns Ameristep from what I can tell.

Either the second customer support person I talked to(who was good at knowing how to talk to customers) or from a PM I sent via Facebook to the Ameristep page - via one of those two ways Ameristep took care of my problem.

I will attempt to track down the party who took care of me and thank them.

I felt it was important to let everyone know this ended up well and Ameristep took care of my problem. Did they have to since I didn't have proof of purchase? Of course not but by doing so this sends strong signals, to me at least, that parts of corporate America still values their customers and takes care of them.

Thank you Ameristep.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”