Pig on cam

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dunning Kruger

Pig on cam

Unread postby Dunning Kruger » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Had a treestand up here this past season but didnt hunt the area. This big pig showed up during the rut. I think he wandered in from elsewhere, as ive never had him on cam before. Will be trying to locate his core area this spring once the snow is gone. Going to be a lot of time spent scouting and hanging cams looking for him!

jman22
500 Club

Re: Pig on cam

Unread postby jman22 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:10 am

Giant! Hope you catch up with him next yr
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:21 am

If that dont keep you up at night... sheesh.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Stretch
500 Club

Unread postby Stretch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:58 am

thats a pig for sure. how long was the camera out before you got the pic? it looks like your foot prints in the very bottom right hand corner of the pic, maybe he watched you put it up! :shock:
"Let's go brandon, i agree" JOE BIDEN
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 am

Stretch wrote:thats a pig for sure. how long was the camera out before you got the pic? it looks like your foot prints in the very bottom right hand corner of the pic, maybe he watched you put it up! :shock:

That's a monster. I would concur with the above. He's definitely got the hairy eyeball on those boot tracks and doesn't seem too happy about it.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
peteherbst

Unread postby peteherbst » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:13 am

I think I may have seen that one in my dreams... :shock:
“You have to pay your dues”
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:18 am

:shock: Beast
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Dunning Kruger

Unread postby Dunning Kruger » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 am

Stretch wrote:thats a pig for sure. how long was the camera out before you got the pic? it looks like your foot prints in the very bottom right hand corner of the pic, maybe he watched you put it up! :shock:

I set the cam up in april. I went to it the day before, and put out doe estrous scent there, with the intention of hunting it the next day. Really wish i would have, but i changed my mind when i woke up and hunted a stand 3 miles away.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:48 am

Dunning Kruger wrote:

I set the cam up in april. I went to it the day before, and put out doe estrous scent there, with the intention of hunting it the next day. Really wish i would have, but i changed my mind when i woke up and hunted a stand 3 miles away.

Ouch.... noce buck
Dunning Kruger

Unread postby Dunning Kruger » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:11 pm

tim wrote:
Dunning Kruger wrote:

Ouch.... noce buck

Wasnt the only "ouch" that day. At last light this guy came into the stand i was hunting. Long story short, i geeked out and arrow hit a branch and i missed him clean. Had seen him broad daylight 3 times before that, but after that shot he went 100% nocturnal.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Dunning Kruger wrote:
tim wrote:
Dunning Kruger wrote:

Ouch.... noce buck

Wasnt the only "ouch" that day. At last light this guy came into the stand i was hunting. Long story short, i geeked out and arrow hit a branch and i missed him clean. Had seen him broad daylight 3 times before that, but after that shot he went 100% nocturnal.

Yup double ouch!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”